Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Spring Fling Release Hop!




It’s been a power packed weekend with Power Poppy and we’re thrilled to bring you one more amazing stamp set in our Spring Fling Collection and let you know that all these sets are now available!  Plus....those brand-spankin’ new coordinating dies are available for pre-order too!  

We’ve loved sharing them all with you and I want to say a special thanks for all the kind words and comments.  With recovering from pneumonia, the last 3 weeks I’ve not had much steam!  So, you’ve all been a lovely encouragement to me. 

Alright, we saved the biggest splash for last....here’s Tiger Lily XL!  

This fab set is something new for us... it’s a new SIZE! The "XL" line - is a 5 x 5" stamp canvas, as opposed to 4 x 6" like all of our other sets. This Tiger Lily is a little over 4" wide. It's HUGE! You can totally get in and color this up to create a highly detailed work of art. Two leaves allow you to give this guy a beautiful background. One big sentiment rounds it out.  


I can’t wait to really colour this one up, but for today, I wanted to show how spectacular this set looks  embossed on coloured card stock with a wee bit of watercolouring thrown in for some definition.  So, on some lovely orange card stock, I embossed the flower and leaves in gold several times over the panel and then using my reinkers, added in the touches of orange watercolor in the depths of the flower.  It’s really subtle, but just enough to give you the feeling of shape.  



I made use of some mirrored gold paper to layer the image and add accent to the gorgeous sentiment, also embossed in gold, and ala the amazing Katie Sims, edged with some Krylon 18K gold pen to seperate it from the main card.  Isn’t it a beauty?  And such an easy CAS card to complete.  

And now I have one last little design to showcase the final set that I didn’t have a chance to play with earlier in the week, it’s with our dreamy Burst of Kindness stamp set.  


When I look at this little scene it makes me think of a storybook page.  I stamped parts of this beautiful bouquet onto Copic XPress It Blending card stock, and then coloured it up with Copic markers.  I carefully cut a little frame around the coloured images, adding it to this Pool Party card stock with some popped up dimension.  This made room for me to stamp the sentiment on the main card base.  



There’s a sweet wee little bee in the scene that just had to get in there.  I stamped the bee in Pool Party ink on the card layer, then added the coloured bee popped up overtop.  This way the bee’s little flying lines are visible underneath him.  A few rows of ScorTape and glitter and some sequins complete the card.  


Alright friends, there’s one last round of beautiful inspiration today from the Bloom Brigade and they we invite you into shop!  

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence

Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker



12 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow 2 gorgeous cards Christine and the first is very elegant and fab embossing.
Gr Karin

Maria V. said...

Wow! Christine this is the loveliest card, it is just beautiful.

Nora Noll said...

Oh I LOVE how you used the large Lily!! This is stunning!!

Elizabeth Zaffarano said...

The gold heat embossing is genius! Really pretty. And I love what you did with the bouquet stamp set. I have the digi, and I need to color that baby up soon :D

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, your orange with the gold is spectacular! And your storybook scene so pretty. Love that little bee and the beautiful quote.

Billie A said...

Your cards are beautiful. I love the Tiger lily. It was my dads favorite flower. Brings back sweet memories. This is on my wish list.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, sweet Christine, I continue to pray that you are feeling better each and every day. It's been a long road back from pneumonia (and I've had it myself years ago...so take it slow). But truly, you sure made two more exquisite cards, and I absolutely LOVE this giant tiger lily and how you've embossed it in gold! Wow, does it make a statement or what?? It's stunning with your added definition and how you added the sentiment (ala Miss Katie), and I love the gold mirror board...it's all those wonderful finishing touches that make a difference! And oh I love the way you've used Burst of Kindness and added the sentiment...and that darling busy bee thinking, "I've got this place all by myself!" Hehe! Stunning as always, sweet friend! Hugs and love...and get some well-deserved rest! xoxo

Patti J said...

Beautiful! Thanks for a wonderful week!

Shylaashree said...

hi chris, your flowers will give more power to you, recover fast and thanks for sharing beautiful inspirations in-spite of your health. Keep your spirits high

Patti Willey said...

Oh my goodness. The traffic you'll see as I keep returning to this page! I'll be back, this is fabulous what you've done with both images! 18k gold pen you say, hmm, that sounds rich! Beautiful work!

Jeannean said...

I love the soft look you did with the lilies!! So beautiful!! I also love your original use of the floral bouquet! Both are so beautiful! I love this release!

Diane said...

Beautiful cards. I love, love the Tiger Lily; it is absolutely exquisite!