Friday, January 13, 2017

Warm Hugs



We’re back this week with a new round of inspiration from Power Poppy, and this week I’ve got some more ideas for our Winter Blooms Challenge from Stacy.  One of my all-time favourite images from Marcy (and that’s saying something) is this little vase of hellebore, or lenten roses.  I don’t know what it is but, I just love these simple blooms that come to remind us that winter doesn’t have the final say :).   Marcy has them in digitial format in this set, Hellebores.   

For fun this time I flipped the image 180 degrees so that the vase is aligned on the right side of the page.  That is another really nice advantage to using digi images.  

I looked up some fun new colours for hellebores and found this one below that I wanted to replicate.  



Of course, in creation they are much more beautiful and natural, but I enjoyed playing with those yellowy greens and that deep pink, plus that really rich green in the leaves.  It was a fun combination to colour.  



The design is quite simple and clean with strips of paper and washi tape, and then a little bit of rhinestone scalloping as a pretty little bit of bling.  The sentiment is stamped in Memento Gray Flannel from the set Nice Things To Say.  I’m sending it to my sister-in-law who lost her beloved grandma recently.  I know she’ll appreciate it.  



Here’s the Copic collection for the colouring.  

And now the rest of the Bloom Brigade playing along today....

Allison Cope
Christine Okken (
you are here)
Cindy Lawrence

Julie Koerber
Stacy Morgan



9 comments:

Davi said...

VERY pretty, the colors look so fresh and springy! Love that image with the different papers and Washi tape :)

Karen W said...

Beautiful and the coloring is perfect from the inspiration piece.

Linda Carson said...

Wow Christine! That's one gorgeous card w/your amazing colors/coloring combinations! Yep, gorgeous!

Camille Short said...

I LOVE flowers and your flowers are just gorgeous! More, please!

Conniecrafter said...

I too love them and you have done an amazing job of capturing them, such lovely coloring and love the bling border to go with it. I am sure this will touch your sister in law and feel the love you are sending her way.

Stacy Morgan said...

I just colored these up too, I agree a wonderful bloom. You captured the colors perfectly. Gorgeous shading Christine. Beautifully done!

Leslie Miller said...

True winter blooms! There are many I'd forgotten about, including primroses, which show very early here. I'd love to color them all! Beautiful colors you chose for your blooms, and your coloring is so crisp and clear, like a sunny winter day. It will send a bright spot of cheer to your SIL in a sorrowful time.

Allison Cope said...

Wowsers... the shade on your blooms is amazing Christine! I love this card!

CherylQuilts said...

Ooh, Christine, what an amazing card! Your hellebores are absolutely amazing and such a perfect replica of the beauty you found on the internet. But I love how you've flipped the image and added the sentiment, and wow on the DP and great bling! Totally inspired by your card, my friend!! Warm hugs! xoxo