Friday, December 2, 2016

Sweet Treats: Santa Jar



December is here!  And that means a new challenge at Power Poppy.  This month I get to be your hostess, and I wanted to give you a challenge that will make your gift giving easier.  I called it Sweet Treats.  As you think about those little gifts you give over the month, whether its a hostess gift,  Christmas baking, a teacher gift, or those fun work gift exchanges, you want to give a sweet treat from the heart.  That’s what this challenge is about.  Create something that’s a sweet treat for someone you love, whether its a decorated bag, a tag, a gift card holder....it’s all up to you!  

On Monday I did a whole post on the Power Poppy Blog for Inspire Me Monday with some other gift packaging ideas that might inspire you as well.  



Today I put together a fun little jar of red m & m’s in a mason jar.  There are so many ideas of what you can fill a mason jar with and I thought this one was pretty cute.  It just means getting some red and green m & m’s, separate out the green ones, and then fill a jar with them.  You could even use the green m & m’s for an elf themed jar.  All I did was get a silver ribbon buckle, some black satin ribbon and glued it in to make the jar look like Santa’s belly.  Perfect for your favourite chocolate lover.  

I added a santa themed tag done with the adorable Power Poppy Action Santa set.  



I thought I’d give you a better picture of the jar.  I added a felt circle to the top of the jar, some sparkly white ribbon around the jar lid and then adhered a sparkly styrafoam ball for his pom pom.  If I would have had some white yarn at home, I would have made a pom pom, but I just went with what I had on hand.  



Here a couple of views of the tag.  I used some embossing paste and a heart stencil to add some texture to the kraft card stock and then used a snowflake border (The Cat’s Pajamas) to the bottom of the tag.  A little felt bow finishes it off.  



A closer picture of the colouring on the tag.  I stamped the image in Memento Gray Flannel ink so it would have a bit of a softer look to it.  I added some glitter pen to the pom pom, Santa’s furry coat, the star and the snow.  

So, now I’ll hand you over to the Bloom Brigade with some more inspiration, and then it’s your turn. Join us in the Sweet Treat challenge and you could win a Power Poppy set of your choice!  


Allison Cope
Christine Okken (you are here
)
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Stacy Morgan



8 comments:

Unknown said...

FUN Challenge, Christine! Love that pretty Christmas Tag and your Festive jar. Fa La La La La......

KarinsArtScrap said...

super sweet and fab colouring cristine
Gr Karin

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, what a fun challenge and a fabulous idea for this Santa jar! I love how you've added the adorable belt and buckle and added the most wonderful tag with this fun Santa on his scooter! Wow, you sure do love coloring, and your no-line coloring is amazing! What fun! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Barbara said...

Very interesting Challenge. I am impressed with all of the possibilities. Your tag is amazing, but you didn't stop there. Love the decorated jar. So cute.

Leslie Miller said...

That's such a cute Santa jar and, of course, an awesome image on the tag! What a fun gift! I do love M & M's!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is adorable Christine! I saw these santa like jars similar on pinterest, easy gift idea and fun too. Great tag!

Conniecrafter said...

such a cute gift idea, love your tag too, great coloring of him, like the snowflake border

Traci M said...

Such a cute gift idea and creative challenge, Christine! Love that Santa tag...colored up so cute!