Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Lacey Hearts


Today at The Cat’s Pajamas we’ve got a fabulous Valentine Heart CutAble Die that will make your little heart swoon.  It’s called Lacey Heart and it really captures love and old-fashioned elegance.  


Recently I saw a really awesome design by Debbie Hughes and wanted to use that as an inspiration to create this design, still making it my own.  I love how it turned out because it’s so different.  I used non-traditional colours and yet it still feels very romantic and lovey :).  

I started by watercolouring the background in some limey-greens and turquoise loose wash, adding some flicked on dots of silver paint as it began to dry.  Next I die cut the beautiful lacey heart.  It’s just so lovely and intricate!  

Then I chose another of our new dies, Always, a beautiful scripty font, and die cut it out 3x gluing the layers together and then once it was dry, daubering silver paint onto the letters to make them shimmer with silver.  I layed that on a strip of vellum so that the heart is still visable but softened.   



Sequins and rhinestones and a sweet little felt heart finish it off.  I think I’ve used these new Nested Hearts CutAbles that we’ll be releasing on every project!  I just love them.  







Here is the Cat Pack in action....


Brenda Nakandakari
Christine Okken (you are here)
Jessica Rone
Julie Elak
Nancy Thomas
Wendy McGaffey
our fabby Guest Designer this month Wanda Cullen
and Alma at the TCP Blog!


A reminder for the Release...

Are you In it to Win It????  You could win a $10 TCP voucher just by commenting on The Cat Pack’s Blogs!  Alma will pick a random commenter each day and the winner’s will be announced on our TCP Facebook Page and the blog.  

We’re inviting you to our Pajama Party on January 18th on our TCP Facebook page where we’ll have games with chances to win, more sneak peeks and all around fun.    




13 comments:

Kimberley said...

Very pretty!

Alma de la Rosa said...

OMG! This card is so beautiful using green and turquoise! I always feel a little odd giving my Honey frilly red and pink card so your color combo is perfect

Miranda said...

So beautiful!!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous and elegant Christine
Gr Karin

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE the non-traditional colors (my favorites!). The pop of silver really adds to the elegance! This is gorgeous!

Denise Bryant said...

Yummy colors and details! Beautiful card and die!

nfabbri said...

Love the colors on your card!!!!!

Nancy Thomas said...

This is amazing Christine - love the non-traditional color combo and your watercoloring looks beautiful.

D.Ann C said...

Yowza! I'm loving that gorgeous background with that lovely die!!

Super Stick Chick said...

Love your stunning color combination, Christine, and how you combined the Lacey Heart with swirly, silver sentiment. Beautiful.

Yvonne B. said...

Your "limey" and turquoise background is a favorite color combination of mine! It is so pretty (I like Debby's work as well!). The silver "Always" is beautiful!

Brenda said...

This is gorgeous! Note to self to use this color combo one day. I love it!

mungomom said...

Beautiful card, Christine. Love the non-traditional colors. Could be used for many occasions.