Monday, July 22, 2013

The Lord Bless You



Probably one of my very favourite Bible verses - especially as a blessing for someone.  The entire verse reads: "The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face to shine upon you, the Lord lift up His countenance toward you and give you His peace" Numbers 4:24 - 26.  I find that especially uplifting and comforting, especially that the Lord would lift his face, his countenance toward me, or someone else.   Maybe you needed that word today :) 

I chose just a single stem from this gorgeous new Anemone set, using a Flourishes Silhouette cut file to cut it out first, stamping it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colouring it up with Copics.  Some of the pretty anemones I looked up have these deep red flowers with a touch of purple in the inner petals.  So I tried to mimic that.  The papers are Flourishes Classic White, Classic Black and Teresa Collins Stationary Noted designer paper.  I used our lovely Perfectly Pierced Classic Window die to frame out the bloom tucking it under the black horizontal panel.  



Some pretty accents include some slate gray braided trim, delicate lace, silver cording, black rhinestones and a Kaiser Rouge Sparklet.  

I love how all the rounded corners weave into each other.  Blessing on you friends!

6 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Love the design and such great layering of the cords and ribbons, like how you have the flower laying down, pretty touch!

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous card Christine.

greetings karin

TLady said...

VERY PRETTY CHRISTINE!!!!!!! This is a BEAUTIFUL Scripture to me too!!!!!!:) AND PERFECT for those cards we send!:)

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Our pastor always reads that verse at the close of our Sunday morning worship service. Love it.

Dottie Watson said...

I love your cards as lways. I live in CO. and visit Glen Eyre this week coming up. Thnx for sharing your cards and your trip.
Dottie

Dottie Watson said...

I live in CO and love visiting Glen Eyre. In fact I am going with my church group next week. I love you colorful and dynamic cards. Thank your for sharing all.