Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Light For My Path

Last chance....Blog Candy HERE!


Last night I was speaking at a Women's Event in a town near ours, but my husband was celebrating our High School Graduates at our Grad Night.  These kids in grade 12 have been with us since grade 7, so I was a little sad to have missed the celebration.  But this week's ODBD Challenge fits perfectly with the Grad Theme.  The Challenge Team is challenging you to create a Graduation Card or gift.


I just love this ODBD set, it's one of my favourites.  It's called Light of the World, it just speaks to me.  I have a thing for Lighthouses.  I've probably mentioned this before, but the building we do our Youth Ministry in is called The Lighthouse.  Perfect name don't you think?  I am so grateful that HE is the Light for my path. 

For this card I colored the scene with my Prismacolor Pencils.  I paired it with some SEI Designer paper (Sweet Perfume Pearl), SEI Happy Day, and Bermuda Bay blue-green.  I scored the Bermuda cardstock on the horizontal in the background to continue that feeling of the horizon.  This Dotted Wave Border punch is perfect for that wavy feeling to isn't it?   And look at my sweet ships-wheel charm!  From my even sweeter Team Mate America!  Thanks girly!


I cut apart the verse for the sentiment and pieced it together to fit better in the space. 
Alright now you're invited into the challenge for Grad Cards or Projects.  To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, May 13. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.

As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky on the ODBD Blog by May 13 at 8 p.m. EST.

If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC12. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

So, to see the other fabulous grad creations head on over to:  Sabrina, Francie, Natalie, Patter, America and Chris.

Recipe:  Stamps:  Our Daily Bread Designs - Light of the World;  Ink;  Memento Tuxedo Black, Bermuda Bay;  Paper:  Bermuda Bay, River Rock, Gina K Pure Luxury White, SEI - Happy Day and Sweet Perfume Pearl DSP;  Accessories;  Dotted Wavy Border Punch, Prismacolor Pencils, Linen Thread, Charm, Bermuda Bay Ribbon, Bow Easy, Scor-It, Silver Brads, Dimensionals.

13 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card
lovely colors


karein

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous, Christine! I LOVE the color and the charm adds just that special touch! I would have loved to be listening to your talk, too! I am sure you & your DH are a blessing to everyone with whom you come in contact!

Patter Cross said...

Agh, our youth building is also called "The Lighthouse." How fun! And your card is stunning. I LOVE the colors you chose and your coloring of the lighthouse. The charm is the perfect addition to your beautiful card. Have a blessed day!

Diane said...

Beautiful!!!

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, Christine! Wonderful coloring and design! The charm and ribbon treatment are perfect!

Happy Mothers Day!

Ruthie said...

absolutely beautiful!!!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Christine! I just love the colors, your coloring and the design!! The charm is the perfect accent. Awesome take on the challenge this week!! Happy Mother's Day and have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh my is this ever STUNNING Christine!! Your coloring, as well as the dp is absolutely fantastic!! I love everything about this card!! WOW!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Christine, I am amazed at your creativity and talent to color...this is just GORGEOUS!!! The colors are so perfect for this set and that little charm rounds it all off. Have a blessed weekend and "Happy Mother's Day". Hugs, Sabrina

Marisa said...

Fabulous card, Christine. Love the colours and all the details.

Leeci said...

This is stunningly beautiful!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh this is one seriously GORGEOUS card! Love the lighthouse with your AMAZING coloring. Love the colors and that sweet wheel charm too!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Christine!! I love the colors, your punched border, and your perfect charm!!