Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Day For Moms

It's a day for Mom's at Our Daily Bread Designs!  Today the Shining the Light Challenge Team has created cards or projects for Mother's Day and we invite you to get a head start on your Mother's Day creations too!  Here's my contribution today



Wouldn't a wreath or table centerpiece look beautiful for a Mother's Day present?  I used this new Happy Mother's Day set from ODBD and colored it up to match my Kioshi paper using my Prismacolor pencils.  It has a very spring feel with the papers, lots of spring greens and softly colored flowers.  I added the sentiment from the set in vellum inside the oval, so you could still see some of the color through the paper. 



So make sure you join us in the challenge this week!  Link at the ODBD Blog and if you're using online galleries use the keyword ODBDSLC11.  Just a reminder this challenge will go for TWO weeks because next Saturday is a New Release day with the Design Team.  Winners each week earn a gift certificate to the ODBD store!  Fantastic! 

Now you'll want to visit my team sisters to see their beautiful creations for Mother's Day too:

ChrisSabrina, Patter, Natalie, Francie and America

17 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Christine!! I just love what you did with this wreathe!! Your coloring, layout and the springy colors is beautiful! have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Patter Cross said...

Love your bright color choices and how you used the vellum. Definitely a gorgeous creation! Have a blessed day!

America said...

Youve a magica touch when it comes to coloring GF!!! This is gorgeous!!! Lovin it!
ps. Hope you got your little something by now. :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hi Christine,
I received an award from one of my
followers because they like my blog.
Now I get to turn around and bestow this
Award to 12 more bloggers, your one of them.
I hope you like it, and make 12 more people happy.
Because I like your blog and visit it every day.
If you go to my blog you can copy this award.
I would love it if you mentioned my blog.
But it is not required.

And this card is beautiful again


Greetings karin

Unknown said...

EEEK! Your coloring is spectacular!!! what a gorgeous card girl!!

Grace said...

Oh Christine this is gorgeous! Your coloring is fantastic and I love the springy colors! Love the papers and vertical layout of the wreath!!! Beautiful!

Grace said...

Oh goodness Christine... this is stunning! I love the soft pretty colors and how you colored the wreath... and it's vertical placement! Gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine~

What a wonderful and cheery card! I love the little bees around your beautiful spring time wreath! It is great! Those water-color pencils seem to work wonderfully in your hand!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, Christine, I a getting more and more speechless over your creations!!! This Mother's Day card is over the top gorgeous!!! I never really use vellum, but you have convinced me that I need to get some...your card looks amazing!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Denise Marzec said...

Drop dead gorgeous!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful coloring Christine!! What a treasure!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is beautiful, Christine! I love your wonderful coloring and vellum insert.

Mickie said...

What a beautiful card, I love the colors you used on the wreath. I have that stamp and love it, will have to rty "your" colors.

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my, oh my...this is absolutely gorgeous Christine!!!!!! I sooo love the image and your fabulous coloring...love how you used the vellum, too!!!

Traci M said...

This is so lovely, Christine...a work of art!! I really like the use of the vellum in the center of the wreath, I always forget to use vellum and it adds so much! Your papers are my favorites too!

Rose Ann said...

Absolutely gorgeous Mother's Day card, Christine!! I love how beautifully you've colored the flowers, and how you've used the vellum!!

Kelley said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the vellum oval! Cool idea!