Saturday, January 23, 2010

Shining the Light!

Hi Everyone!! The day has finally arrived for the reveal of our new Challenge Team at Our Daily Bread Designs!!! On Saturday February 6 we will begin our first challenge as a team. These challenges are weekly and there is lots of fun planned, so be sure to stop back!!

Today the new team has a lot of fun planned for you with a blog hop and scavenger hunt!!! You will have the opportunity to meet our new challenge team, view their creations and hunt for the items for the scavenger hunt. One blessed hopper who emails Chris Olsen the correct items and places to find these items will randomly be chosen to win the Light of the World stamp set!!!

Now, this is a challenge, so you do have a little bit of work in this scavenger hunt...here is what you need to find on each of the Challenge Team members blogs for the Scavenger Hunt:

1. red ric rac 
2. Psalm 28:7
3. mittens
4. damask
5. palm trees
6. daisies
7. polka dotted tea pot
(please note all items are on sidebars or heading bars and backgrounds, not in the posts themselves).

Now, here is the list of the challenge team members who will be participating in the Blog Hop and where the items for the scavenger hunt will be found, so take note of where you find them. If you find missing links, simply check back here for the next person in the list and mention in your comment that you were not able to comment on that person’s post. This is meant to be FUN FOR ALL…. NOT frustration, and we understand if someone’s blog is “down”. Often you can try again later and get on… but if you try and can’t leave a comment on someone’s blog, simply tell us in your end comment who you were not able to get and we’ll still enter you in the drawing!

Here's my new team!  Fabulous ladies everyone of them!

Christine Okken- ChristineCreations  ....you are HERE :)
Natalie Dever- Dougnat Diaries
Francie Gumprecht- Francies Fancy
Sabrina Jackson- SJButterfly Dreams
Patter Cross- Triple the Scraps
America Kuhn- Cards By America
Chris Olsen- Twinkles Glow With Stamps our new Team Coordinator :)

And here is what I've created for you today.  I really LOVE lighthouses, and this one is no exception.  I decided I wanted to try an ATC converted to a card again, so I started with the lighthouse and the ATC size (2.5 x 3.5 inches). 

I colored this lighthouse scene with Copic Markers twice and cut out the Lighthouse and one rock to pop up on the main image.  I love what dimension does for a creation.  I added a folded out scallop along the bottom accented with a tiny strip of paper and some hemp. 

Then I converted it to a card.



I wanted to keep that really nautical feel so I added a Octagonal Nestie shape in striped patterned paper to balance the lighthouse, with some wide striped ribbon and hemp.  On the main card I inked up my Texturz Plate with Vanilla Craft Ink and ran the Baja Breeze layer through my Big Shot.  It adds texture and ink together.  I stitched this layer together and then added some nautical knots with the brads. 

I love just adding a portion of the sentiment verse too...reminding us to Shine Out our Light! 

Now remember, all you have to do to be eligible to win is:

* Complete the hop, leaving comments on each blog and returning to the ODBD Blog  to tell us you have visited each blog and left a comment. * Email our fearless leader Chris Olsen at chrisolsenodbd@aol.com with the names of the items and the blogs you found them at. (eg. Kelley-loaf of bread) * Do this by Thursday Jan 28 at 8 p.m. EST * Check back on this blog on Saturday January 30 to see who the winner is!!!

Now you can head over to Natalie's Blog and see what beautiful thing she has created! 

Recipe:  Stamps:  Our Daily Bread Designs - Light of the World;  Paper:  Blue Bayou, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, RHR Striped DSP, Gina K Pure Luxury;  Ink:  Vanilla Craft;  Accessories:  Copic Markers, Scallop Punch, Octagonal Nestabilities, Dimensionals, Texturz Plate, Big Shot, Vintage Brads, Linen Thread, Striped Grossgrain Ribbon, Hemp.

97 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Christine!! This is absolutely stunning!! Love your coloring and your design with all the details!! Gorgeous!! Have a great weekend!! Welcome to the challenge team at ODBD!!

Have a great weekend!

hugs,
Chris

Deborah Saaranen said...

Fabulous Christine! I love the definition on your lighthouse panel, and the entire card is just fantastic!!! WOWZERS!
Congrats on being on the ODBD Challenge Team!

Francie G. said...

So very beautiful, Christine! Wonderful coloring and details! Beautifully done!

Patter Cross said...

Wow, TWO stunning cards! LOVE your coloring and how you used the hemp and lacing. Just gorgeous, and so excited to be part of the team with you! Blessings,

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Christine this is fantastic! Your atc is fantatic and then you made it into a card!!!! Smart girl!!!! Welcome to the ODBd!!!

Dawn said...

Christine! Fabulous! great how you showed the ATC made to full-sized card...beautiful

Dawn said...

forgot to say Congrats on being on the Challenge team!

Crystal said...

oh my Christine you really know how to showcase this beautiful image!! I LOVE the 3-d look and the awesome scene you created!!! Your card is soooooo beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh This is a stunning card and love the sentiment of the card too!

Love Dawn xx

Misti said...

Gorgeous card, Christine!

MiamiKel said...

OH this is just positively stunning - it's so rich and vibrant and your coloring is just so very lovely! What a lovely card layout as well, showcased by your beautifully colored lighthouse. WOW, truly lovely! TFS!

freida said...

Congratulations! What a GORGEOUS job you did with this set! LOVE your designs and coloring! How clever to use the nautical knots to complete the look! :)

America said...

Wow Christine!! Look at those fabulous details!!!!! Totally stunning!! Love how it started out as an ATC! And need I say how much I LOVE your coloring??? Gorgeous!! Im thrilled to be on the same CT to be working alongside you!! :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the coloring.

Peggy Maier said...

Love the colors you used on your card - lovely!

Anonymous said...

Loved how you were able to use so many different techniques and textures w/o overdoing it. Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is just over the top wonderful, Christine! I love your lighthouse and the striped octagon and ribbon balance it perfectly. Fantastic!

Terri said...

Love the card, especially the way it pops from the card. And the coloring is beautiful!

Sandra H. said...

Wow, you do very, very nice work!!

MarieMc said...

Christine
Your card is beautiful. Great job!

Angelwood said...

Wow! This is beautiful!!! I love how you showcased this image and your coloring of this image is gorgeous! You are a wonderful addition to the ODBD team - congrats! hugs, Angela

Vickie Kertz said...

Love the way you layered the first card. It really made it pop. I just love the composition of the second card and such great colors

Lorelie Kim said...

Loving both cards!! Love the depth you achieved!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! Breathtaking! WOW!

Chelsea

Irene said...

Beautiful card! I love all of the special details that you added!

Gwen said...

Beautiful job with this lighthouse! Your coloring is just amazing and love the red ribbon to pull out the red on the first lighthouse!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What an honor! Your card looks like a sunny summer day -- so beautiful!

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE what you've done with the ATC!! The Nestie shape is fabulous and the brads with the twine through them perfect and that wide striped ribbon a great touch. You knocked this one out of the park. Great card :D

Kim P said...

Your card is amazing!! The octagon is unexpected...love the twine wrapped on the brads in the corner, the striped ribbon, your coloring...WOWZA!!

EFY said...

Christine, this is just stunning. Blessings!

Karin said...

Beautiful card. Can't wait to see what challenges are coming

JoAnn said...

WOW!! You done a great job on this card! I love all the details, the twine is a great touch.

Sabrina Jackson said...

ChristinE, this is one fabulous card!!! Absolutely amazing coloring and the details on the card are stunning. Oh my, are we going to have some fun on this team ;D.Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and just love how you put the atc onto the card. Wonderful coloring and great details. Thanks for sharing.

kiwimeskreations said...

Awesome card - I do love the detail in the background, without taking the eye off the main image.

seamom said...

Wonderful card! I have never thought of using a octagonal shape as background. Love it! Beautiful coloring too.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your Copic colouring is IMPRESSIVE!! Thanks for sharing your clever idea.

Trish said...

Love the 3d effect-I have this stamp set, so I'm going to get great ideas!

Sherry Lowmaster said...

Beautiful card. I liked the little card on the bigger one. Beautiful coloring also. Love it

Lori said...

Your coloring is amazing! Wow! Love what you did with the wide ribbon.

Annette Bowes said...

This is fabulous, such beautiful colouring, love the way you have used the string/thread on your project, just wonderful, take careX:)

Anonymous said...

Exemplary work; simply stunning. Totally love the nautical theme. Read your post every day.
Peace, Becky

Peajay said...

LOVE how you made the lighthouse stand out! Superb card!

mekei said...

that hexagon really was a great touch. love how you tied the ribbon on it. very unifying.

Caroljenks said...

Fab card Christine - your colouring is awesome!

What a great blog-hop too :)

Carol x

Teresa said...

great card - love the use of copics

Linda Carson said...

WOW! Totally awesome artwork!

Chris S. said...

Lighthouses are great features for cards and this one is outstanding.

Unknown said...

Fabulous cards Christine and love the way you colored the lighthouse and added the dimension. WTG

Grace said...

Oh goodness Christine this is such an awesome design!!! I just love all your design elements on this card! Your perfectly colored lighthouse, your striped ocatagonal panel, that ribbon, the twine, brads, all fabulous details!!! I'm SO glad you have joined us in the bread basket!!! Gorgeous card!!!

Sammi said...

Stunning card Christine!!! Gorgeous colouring! Love the design you used too!
xxx

Trish said...

This is so, so pretty! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful idea! I LOVE the knots you used, and the dimension ideas are great. Loved your clouds too...great job!
Doni Hall

Lynne Phelps said...

Charming! I love the idea of starting with an ATC! Love the nautical feel also!

AK Donna M said...

Lovely way to start us off. I like the way you used the ribbon on your card.

sharing stamping said...

Fantastic Christine, I love how the image pops with your coloring and 3D layering. I also love how balanced your layout looks.So original!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Christine--THese are absolutley AWESOME! I can not even imagine making an ATC. I love how you worked the fabric into the card on the left side. On the larger lighthouse, I love how it pops out! Wonderful! It looks like light is really shining out! (Do you have a flashlight in there?) :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I forgot to leave my name at the last post---and the flashlight--- Traci S.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh this is beautiful!! Your colouring is fabulous! Love the layout too. This could be a great man card!!
TFS
Beth Greco

Dawn F. said...

Beautiful card - I love lighthouses!

Anonymous said...

I love this card, Christine. The colors are gorgeous, and I love the depth and dimension you added with the layering.

KathyE

P Myers said...

I love ligthhouses and I love the design of your card. You did a great job!

GrannyCharlotte said...

The lighthouse stamp is awesome. Enjoying the blog hop.

annieb said...

I love lighthouses too, and this one is beautifully done. TFS the ATC to full card idea.

ScrappyMary1225 said...

lOVE YOUR CARD, EVERYTHING JUST GOES TOGETHER SO WONDERFULLY.

Chrisd said...

What a wonderful job you did with this beautiful set. Congrats on being on the ODBD Challenge Team!

mjpsew said...

I like your card....esp the combination of red and blue

Anonymous said...

I love your card. You did a great job. I like lighthouses too.

Berny

Mary Lou said...

Hi Christine~~ beautiful set :) I love the feeling I get when I see pics of lighthouses~~it's soooo peaceful!! Great color and detail especially the nautical brads and knots--very clever! Thanks for fun hop ;))))
Blessings
Mary Lou

Mickie said...

I love lighthouses too and yours is just fantastic, love the way you popped it.

Gloria Westerman said...

Christine, this is so stunning....I love how you added such dimension to your project....and your coloring is awesome.....

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Christine - love this - your colouring is gorgeous and the card fabulous! Congratulations on being part of the ODBD Challenge Team! {{{hugs}}}

Rose Ann said...

I love how you've made that beautiful ATC into a most beautiful card, Christine!! Your coloring is so lovely, and I love all of your fine details!! Congrats!!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW!!!!! LOVE how you created the ATC and the dimension and then turned it into an AWESOME card - such a fabulous design!!!

Denise Marzec said...

WOWWWWWW, these are beautiful too. I LOOOOOVE how you did the striped ribbon on the octagon shape. Too cool!

Debbie said...

What a great card! off to see the other creations

Donna said...

I love all of your special touches to make your card POP!!!

Sheila said...

The red on that card just makes it POP! I love it.

Matildy Jane Designs said...

This is beautiful! Love how you converted the ATC. Wanna convert my 8 1/2 x 11 pages to 12 x 12 for me? lol

Anonymous said...

Your lighthouse ATC is beautiful! Your coloring is so good that it gives the ATC dimension. Putting it on it's own card was a great idea.
Evette Rice

evetterice@aol.com

gsylucy58 said...

I love the 3 d effect with the light house.

melv said...

Love the ATC to full card how clever. The 3D effects are a very nice touch too.

lhalnan said...

Lighthouses are so iconic, love the card.

PatsyB said...

This card was perfect to lead off the blog! It sure got me in the mood to look. Looks like this is going to be a very good year for ODBD!!

Sarosa said...

What a fabulous card! Love your colors, the pop-out lighthouse, and how everything ties together!

Lynelle said...

Very pretty. Makes me want to visit the coast. The colors are perfect and the lighthouse looks very natural

C said...

Outstanding coloring! Amazing to see how many looks can be achieved using the same set of stamps. Congratulations!!

Stephanie said...

I just love the lighthouse. My sister-in-law loves lighthouses, and this would be perfect on a birthday card.

stampin at the lake said...

Love the light house, too!

Ellen said...

Love the colors. Makes me long for summer.

Jeannie said...

These colors are gorgeous together! Love the wide ribbon on the first card and the hemp on your card makes it feel so nautical! TFS!

Jenny W said...

Lovely card - thanks for the inspiration!

Sue D said...

Beautiful light house cards--this is one of my favorite sets.

Angella D. Crockett said...

Oh my goodness! both of your cards are amazing!!!! What a blessing for you to be on the ODBD challenge team!!! God Bless!!

Janet said...

I love your cards using "Shining the Light" stamp set. This set has been on my wishlist since I first found out about ODBD.

Lucy :) said...

I love the idea of inking the texture plate - must try that one :)
Great work, I stumbled over your blog thanks to the blog hop but I'll be back again!

Kelley said...

I would have liked to have been the 100th comment but have to settle for 98..LOL!! And no wonder you have so many because this card is so BEAUTIFUL!!!!