Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Certainly Here for You

Hi Everyone!

While we had a wonderful Christmas and New Year, I have several friends who have lost someone in their family this season.  My heart just goes out to them.  So I have a few sympathy cards to make. 

Today I used the color challenge colors, Handsome Hunter, Certainly Celery and Bermuda Bay.  They have a lovely monochromatic feel to them while still standing out from each other. 



I used this lovely SU set, Friends 24-7, and stamped the flowers on watercolor paper, watercolored them with SU Markers and then cut them out.  The dimension of the flowers really makes the card I think. 

I finally broke into my textured paper.  I love how it looks, yet I seem to horde it rather than use it.  I stamped the damask image on that.  It has a really nice look on the textured paper.

I used my new Martha Stewart Rings punch that my sweet daughter gave me for Christmas to edge the Handsome Hunter section. 



Above you can see I sponged the Oval Nestie shape too. 

Thanks for stopping by.  I'm off to do some errands with my sweetie. 

Recipe:  Stamps:  SU - Friends 24-7;  Ink:  Black Stazon, Bermuda Bay;  Paper:  Certainly Celery, Bermuda Bay Textured, Handsome Hunter, Watercolor Paper, Whisper White;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Oval Nesties, Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page Rings Punch, Bow Easy, White Satin Ribbon
, Basic Grey Pearls, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Sponge, SU Markers, Aqua Painter, Snips, Fancy Label punch

21 comments:

Marisa said...

This is gorgeous, Christine!! Just love how you used the CC colours on this card. See you have a new MS border punch too :D Lovely touch with the pearls and the cut out flower is perfect. BTW, my package arrive in today's mail - THANK YOU :D

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

So beautiful, Christine! I'm sorry to hear you lost so many dear ones over the holidays; that is always sad.

LeAnne said...

Sorry that you have to make a sympathy card, but what a card it is!
I would never think to cut out those flowers....patience is not my middle name!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Christine your rocked the color challenge with this card!!! Beautiful job!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful Christine, this is wonderfully colored and very soothing.

Denise Marzec said...

Lovely card, Christine!

...So sorry for the losses though. :(

Dawn B. said...

Christine this is beautiful and will be so appreciated..Love the colors..Hope your holiday break was wonderful..Sounds like you had fun.

Crystal said...

Christine GORGEOUS love these colors and flowers!

Willy's creations said...

Beautiful!

Hugs,Willy

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful, love the colors and you can really cut out images fantastic.

smallcity

Grace said...

Wow Christine! This is truly gorgeous!!! So elegant yet soothing and a beautiful sympathy card! We've had many in our church lose loved ones too... it's so hard at this time of year but this will certainly help!!!They'll know you cared enough to send the very best... I mean, to MAKE the very best!

Rose Ann said...

I'm sorry for the necessity to make this, Christine. It is so beautiful, and will surely be appreciated.

Angela said...

Just gorgeous Christine!! I love these colors together!! I hate having to make these find of cards!! But I believe this beautiful card will let the receiver how just how much you care!!
Hugs,
Angela

Blair McLeod said...

i love your designs!! I was blog hopping and came across your blog.

I'm hosting my first Blog Swap and would love you and any of your readers to join!

check it out: http://davidandblairmcleod.blogspot.com/2010/01/favorite-things-swap.html

The Rubber Maid said...

What an absolutely beautiful card. I just made 2 symapthy cards and forgot about that phrase...here for you. It's perfect with your beautiful colors and flowers. This is so elegant and striking. Hope this year brings you happiness and good health. Pat

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Ohhh!! What a beauty Christine!! I love the colors!! And all the details just scream elegance!! LOVE this card!! So sorry for all your losses.

Connie M. said...

This is just so pretty and elegant looking, Christine! The monochomatic colors are so soothing!

Kathy Jones said...

Ooooooh Christine.....this is just gorgeous!!!! What an amazing use of colour, beautiful colouring and I LOVE how you cut out those flowers!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Christine!! I just love your colors and design!!! Gorgeous coloring and cutting!!

I am so sorry that you had to make a sympathy card and for your loss. Losing loved ones over the holidays is hard.

blessings,
Chris

Jessica Diedrich said...

What a GORGEOUS color combo! So striking w/ the bit of black and I LOVE that border!

Michele Boyer said...

This is gorgeous, Christine! I love the colors! The flowers are so delicate!