Monday, December 7, 2009

Quick Country Christmas

Last night we set up our Christmas tree and decorations.  It's always a highlight for our kids, they never get over that magical feeling of joy (which I hope stays!)...they love to open all the special ornaments we've bought over the years symbolizing different trips or events and remember together. 

Later as I was getting ready to write the Christmas letter, and getting my Christmas card list ready, I started counting the cards I've made.  I like to do my cards one by one, with each unique, and since I started in September I think, I thought I'd have plenty.  Nope, about 20 short.  Yikes!  Especially since I wanted to get them mailed this week. 

So today I tried to whip up a bunch.  Anyone in need of some quick cards too?   I thought the CAS Challenge at SCS would be a good jumping off point.  The challenge was for Brown, Red and a neutral cards.   Here are the eight cards I was able to do.


I used Soft Suede, Kraft and Real Red, combined with SU's Christmas Cocoa paper and set Serene Snowflakes. 


Really these are super simple cards.  I used the Movers and Shapers Bigz Die with the moveable pieces to create the Modern Label punch window.  The flocked paper is gorgeous because of it's texture, and I added the Sizzlit snowflake and button with the ribbon for accent.  Helps me get rid of my HORDE of buttons.  Plus they're not too bulky to mail.



Alrighty!  Hopefully I'll get a bunch more done tomorrow! 


Stamps:  SU - Serene Snowflakes;  Ink: Real Red, Soft Suede, Whisper White Craft; Paper:  Real Red, Kraft, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Christmas Cocoa DSP;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Movers and Shapers Dies, Sizzlits Snowflakes, Modern Label Punch, Dimensionals, Buttons, Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch

5 comments:

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Very pretty Christine!! I dont do bulk very good so I love these! Love the modern label window!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are gorgeous Christine!! I just may have to join in on the CAS challenge. I need to make a ton yet!! Glad you made so many of these beautiful cards.
~Chris

Leslie Miller said...

How beautiful, Christine! It appears you sacrificed nothing for the sake of quickness. These are just wonderful!

Willy's creations said...

They are beautiful!

Hugs,Willy

Silli said...

PERFECT, love the colors and the labelpunch...Great idea...Hugs and happy day!