Thursday, October 22, 2009

Friday Focus - Fancy Folds

It's another Flourishes Friday Focus, and this week it's ME who's the Hostess focusing on something to tickle your creative fancy  :)  Over at the Flourishes Newsletter I have a full tutorial on my own Fancy Fold card design, so I invite you on over to take a look at how this was made.  Here's the finished project

Closed:



and open:



I call it a Christine Tri-Fold Book :)   The musical instruments and Holly and bows from the brand new Drummer Boy set were colored with Copic Markers, Evergreen, Fields and Water Collections, and then cut out with the Large Octagonal Nestabilities, and then adding the bows and holly popped up.  Kaiser Rhinestones as accent.  Lots more pictures at the Flourishes Newsletter too. 

For this card I took some great instruction from Valerie Stangle on how she made a vertical Z-Fold Card from World Cardmaking Day.  She's so creative with her Scor Pal!!


I love the different and classy look to this card!  I watercolored and sponged the doves scene from the new Dove and Holly set in deep colors, Soft Suede, Bravo Burgundy and Always Artichoke.  I did an-out-of-the-box cutting of the Doves with my Labels One Nestabilities.

Here is a picture of the card open:



The embossed layer is done with the Finial Press Embossing folder, and I bordered the bottom with the Fancy Scalloped Pierceabilities, and the background paper is 7Gypsies Savannah.  I LOVE how the Finishing Touches brads look on this card as the accents too.

And here is a picture all the way open so you can see the back panel:



The sentiment is from the new Christmas Music set. 

The Design Team Girls have used their own Fancy Folds today so here's their links to check them out too!


Recipe:  Christine Tri-Fold:  Stamps:  Flourishes Drummer Boy;  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Always Artichoke;  Paper:  Soft Sky, Always Artichoke, SU Wintergreen DSP, Flourishes Classic White;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Large Octagon Nestabilities, Corner Rounder, Scor It, SU Poly-twill Ribbon, Kaiser Pearls, Copic Markers, Dimensionals, Scor Tape

Z Fold Doves:  Stamps:  Flourishes Dove and Holly, Christmas Music;  Ink:  Black Stazon, Bravo Burgundy;  Paper:  Bravo Burgundy, Soft Suede, Flourishes European Watercolor Paper, 7Gypsies Savannah DSP, SU Thoroughly Modern DSP, Big Shot, Labels One Nesties, Finial Press Embossing Folder, Fancy Scallop Pierceabilities, Modern Label Punch, Oval Punch, Scalloped Oval Punch, Copper Finishing Touches Brads, Satin Ribbon, 1 3/8ths Circle Punch, Dimensionals.

22 comments:

LeAnne said...

Goodness, these are beautiful! You must spend hours on these! Simply gorgeous!

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! These are both amazing! I LOVE both the fold techniques and am BLOWN away by your coloring, esp on the birds-it's an INCREDIBLE work of art!!!

Julie Koerber said...

GASP! I love the colors you picked for both of your creations and the second card -- too rich for words! Solid gold-- both of them! Thanks for the fabulous tutorial!

Stacy Morgan said...

Your instrument one and your fancy name hee hee.. It very fresh and perfect. Your second card is drop dead gorgeous... I love the colors and a fabulous fold.

NancyK said...

Thank you for a great tutorial! I love the card you made - its colors are so beautiful and the images you used work so well together!

Jerri Kay said...

Both designs are perfectly stunning Christine! I agree with Julie on the second cards, your colors are fabulous!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Your cards are AMAZING!! The folding on the first card is UNREAL!!! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!!!!!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my! Thank you for the extra photos of the second card. How lovely! It looks so very rich and classy with the 7 Gypsies paper. I just love your little book card, too! Now, that's a fun card to send to someone special. Would be great with photos, too. Wonderful samples, Christine!

Denise Marzec said...

They're both gorgeous....but oh MY WORD, that holly and dove card just takes my breath away!! AWESOME!!!!!!!

Ida said...

Totally awesome and amazing and gorgeous cards.

Linda Carson said...

WOW! I'm at a loss for words to describe your cards! Would "holy cow" work? Brilliant, striking, outstanding and I like them too!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Christine...your three fold design is AWESOME...especially gorgeous with the beautiful colors, stamps, and details!!! Love the second design, too, with that fabulous Flourishes image and WOW, what outstamding coloring!!!! I have got to go check out your tutorial!!!

Rose Ann said...

Both of your Fancy Folds cards are beautiful, Christine!! I love your Tri-Fold book with those pretty instruments, and the colors are beautiful!! Your Doves are gorgeous, and I love the rich colors!! I also love that you've changed the orientation of the Z-Fold for a different look!! Fabulous!!

Latisha said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter...mine is 13 too (makes me feel a little old lol). Christine, both of these cards are stunning, and your tutorial was wonderful as well!!
hugs
latisha

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Christine, your card is so beautiful, and I love this cool fold! I'm off to check out your tutorial.
Happy Birthday to your new tween! Yes, the years go by so fast! Our baby is 23 now.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word these are both awesome!! The second card is incredible!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

WOW!! Your dove card is just GORGEOUS Christine!! Love the fun folds cards!

Broni said...

My goodness! These are just spectacular!! You haven't posted in a couple of days...I came over to wish you a very happy birthday!! Hope you have a great one!!

Francie G. said...

This is gorgeous, Christine! Your coloring and shading are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Christine.
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday stampin lady....
Happy Birthday to You!!!!!!!

Hope your weekend is filled with wonderful celebrations!

Beth Greco

Grace said...

Wow! These are beyond gorgeous! I'm speechless! I especially love the second one... sooo classy! Great folds on both!

Yosha said...

Hello!

Thank you for the tutorial! I am late in saying this thank you! But it was just in time for a card I needed and came out really well...one of the few cards I was happy with as soon as I finished it!

http://in-my-moments.blogspot.com/2009/11/wedding-wishes.html

Cheers!