Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Focus - Piercabilities

It's another Friday Focus with Flourishes today! I have the privelage of giving a tutorial today on a product I just love, the Spellbinders Pierceability templates! I love piercing, it just adds that perfect finished touch to any card. I have long eyed those gorgeous cards that have the intricate piercing...and now I can do it too! So please stop by the Flourishes Newsletter to see what I've come up with.

I made two cards that I'll show you here too:

On this first card I used the Victorian Pierceability Template to cut and as a guide for piercing. The Lilacs are colored with Copic Markers.

On this second card I used the Pierceability Template to cut, to emboss, to sponge and to pierce. The Tulips are also colored with Copic Markers.
Be sure to stop by these wonderful Design Team Members blogs to see what they've pierced today too :)


Flourishes Newsletter
Cindy Lawrence
Faith Hofrichter
Julie Koerber
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan

Recipe:
Lilacs: Stamps: Flourishes - Lilac; Ink: Palette Noir, Green Galore; Paper: Lovely Lilac, Whisper White, Gable Green, Jenni Bowlin - Varsity DSP; Accessories: Big Shot, Nestabilities (Labels Four), Dotted Ribbon, Spellbinders Pierceabilities Victorian Border, Ornare Piercer and Mat, Rhinestones, Copic Markers
Tulips: Stamps: Flourishes - Thank You; Ink: Palette Noir, White Craft; Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black, Copic Paper, Pomegranate DSP (SU); Accessories: Big Shot, Nestabilities Scalloped Square, Ornare Piercer and Mat, Pierceabilities (Victorian), Flourishes Black and White Checker Ribbon, Copic Markers, Dimensionals, Kaiser Pearls (black).

12 comments:

Cindy Lawrence said...

Absolutely STUNNING, Christine! Fantastic tutorial on the Flourishes Newsletter today!

Denise Marzec said...

{{sighhhhh}} I just LOVE coming to your blog and seeing what you've been up to. You never cease to amaze me. These are GORGEOUS cards. I love the cut out lilac on the layered nesties. The red and black is so striking. As for the piercing, you all are TOTALLY making me want to pull out my templates and get piercing!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Christine you seem to just out do yourself with each card. I really really love how you used the piercing in a subtle way to make it add great elegance. Beautiful cards truly!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Christine, these are so cool! I love the way you've used the pierceability...your cards are gorgeous.

Jessica Diedrich said...

These are SO gorgeous, Christine! WOW! Ooh I see that you have a tutorial today? I will have to head over there and check it out! Thes cards are absolutely stunning and your coloring on that lilac amazes me!!!

Danni said...

Such beautiful cards! Great job!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Girl you just ooze talent!! Love these gorgeous beauties!! Love the layered lilac. And the red/black...stunning!!

Judy Rozema said...

WOW! I always love stopping by your blog and being wowed and amazed at your designs. I LOVE them!

Leslie Miller said...

These cards are both so pretty, Christine! Your glorious coloring of the images really brings them to life. I really appreciate your tutorial on the newsletter, too. I'd never seen the Piercabilities demonstrated before, though I've often considered getting a set. Now I'm more enamored than ever!

Joan Ervin said...

Such gorgeous work, Christine!!! I just love the lilacs and the piercing looks sooo FABULOUS!!! I have those templates but haven't used them yet....hanging head in shame!!! Thanks for the inspiration, gf!!!

Rose Ann said...

These are absolutely gorgeous, Christine...and your coloring just brings these to life!! Stunning!!

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

Your cards are sooo wonderful!
I love it.