Thursday, May 28, 2009

Finishing Touches on a Tuscan Villa

Doesn't that sound dreamy???

Today Latisha, Julie and I get to show you some fabulous sneak peaks on the new Finishing Touches at Flourishes - to be available on Friday. We're up to show you Stunning Slides in three beautiful finishes: Copper, Gold and Silver. There are nine styles of these gorgeous slides in the traditional style, contemporary style and elegant style; each style is available in all the finishes.


I've used Copper slides in the elegant style on this card:


I colored these gorgeous sculpted Topiary trees with Copic markers and trimmed them out. I love the play of the Baja Blue against the deep Artichoke Green. Yesterday's sketch challenge was a really complex one, but I thought it might work for this card, so I used papers from Basic Grey (Marrakech), Always Artichoke Prints and Manchester DSP with the sketch. I thought that the coppery paper looked like a window from this Tuscan window to the sunset.

Aren't the ribbon slides gorgeous? I love how they mirror the rounded copper detailing on the planter. Here's a better look:


I've threaded the slides through some gorgeous Silk Ribbon from Flourishes, and did some piercing. You really don't need too many details when your accents are so beautiful! I have not seen anything like these gorgeous pieces in the crafting world yet...I'm so excited to use more!

Stop by and see Latisha and Julie for more!

Recipe: Stamps: Flourishes Topiary; Ink: Palette Noir, Always Artichoke; Paper: Always Artichoke, Baja Breeze, Copic Paper, Basic Grey Marrakech DSP, Always Artichoke DSP, Manchester DSP; Accessories: Copic Markers, Silk Ribbon, Finishing Touches - Stunning Slides (Copper), Dimensionals, Piercer.

8 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh so cool! I like how you colored the pots to match the slides, nicely done!

Latisha said...

Beautiful Christine!! Great idea to double up on them, I would not have thought of that. Your card is gorgeous!!
ps your card from yesterday is STUNNING!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Gorgeous! Love the double slides on the silk ribbon..just beautiful!

Julie Koerber said...

Wow Christine, this is definite eye candy! Your card just looks so rich and elegant!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! It looks like those pots and slides were made for each other! Pretty card, Christine! I always love seeing blue and orange shades together. The Artichoke really sets everything off. I'm so excited to have these new embellishments. Ribbon slides are some of my favorites!

flourishes said...

Great use of elements...the card is over the top beautiful!
Jan Marie

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, those slides are gorgeous and so is your card!!

Rose Ann said...

Your topiaries are so pretty, and I love your ribbon and slides!! Beautiful!!