Friday, September 26, 2008

Paint Palettes Inspiration

I pulled a muscle in my back (oh ouch) and was laying in bed looking at my wall color and my drapes...they really look a lot like Baja Breeze...hmm maybe I like this color more than I thought, maybe that would make a good color pallette someday....So, with a sore back you can never stay in one position too long, and later I looked at the Inspiration Challenge and look at that...it's a paint inspired pallette for rooms. How fun!


Here's the inspiration room I chose.


And I put together a quick card with the new set Eastern Blooms that hadn't seen ink yet.


I stamped the main branch of flowers with Chocolate Chip to mimic the photo on the wall. I added extra flowers in Sahara Sand and Baja Breeze and pierced some of the chocolate chip flowers. I wanted to get the feel of the geometric bedspread so I added the DP in Urban Garden and also stamped the flowers on the Sahara Sand layer in a geometric pattern. Some pretty ribbon, a felt flower and piercing. To give the feel of another layer on the sentiment (from Fresh Cuts), I ran the Sahara oval through the CC ink pad. At night it's so much harder for me to get a good picture so I took one from each side.


Here's a closeup:

Alright...sore back again, time for a new position not sitting at the computer!

Thanks for stopping by!


Recipe: Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Fresh Cuts Ink: Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Baja Breeze Paper: Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Urban Garden DSP Accessories: Oval Punches, Felt Flower, Vintage Brads, Piercer, Dimensionals, Scallop Edge Punch, CC Ribbon, Baja Breeze DS Wide Grosgrain

4 comments:

Becky said...

This is a stunning card...oh, and I love your bedroom too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you've nailed it Christine! This is so soft and pretty.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! Love the kraft and it's so soothing and peaceful, just like the room.

AuroraDawn said...

Stunning card - I hope you don't mind me 'casing' it here

http://auroradawn-ad.blogspot.com/