Monday, July 21, 2008

A Dare to Get Dirty Toonie Tuesday!


Well, it's a very happy Toonie Tuesday for me today! I am hosting my first EVER challenge at SCS....one of today's Dare to Get Dirty 08 Fan Club Challenges. Our theme is *A Day in the Life of a Dirty Girl!* I'm inviting YOU to come and play too! See yesterday's posts for links to joining the fan club and here's a link to my challenge and Michelle and Julie's. I'd love to see you there! JulieHRR and sf9erfan are also our hostesses today. You don't want to miss it! Come chat with me in this thread too I'd love to hear from you!

Sample One: Friendly Spring

This is an all SU Toonie Tuesday using my favourite technique - Watercolor! Here's the adorable new Serene Spring hostess set that will be unveiled in the catalogue in just a few weeks. It's an adorable set that's perfect for scenic type watercoloring, here using reinker and then Stampin Write Markers blended in for depth. I've used the new SU In Colors and new Designer Series Papers for this card too. They are definitely deep bold colors, but in the right combinations I think they will look GREAT. For me it's all about the Designer Series Paper. If we can get great patterned paper everything else just falls into place!

Love this pretty flower pot and sweet little bird, and I was trying to give it all sort of an earthy feel. See the CUTE little ladybug???
And the new scalloped edge punch is AWESOME! No more corner rounder punch for me!


Sample Two: Embracing In Colors

Another beautiful set to me is Embrace Life...so much you can do with it from a coloring perspective because it's such an open image. This is watercolored with reinkers alone. I love it's depth and wow factor. I've used the out of the box technique to really showcase the blooms and then added simple embellishments. I use brads and pierce everything ...it's sort of my thing I think. :) But I wanted to keep it more simple for these flowers.

Thanks so much for joining us!


Recipe: Sample One Sets: Serene Spring Paper: Pacific Point, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Bella Rose DSP, Watercolor Paper Ink: Black Stazon Accessories: Reinkers, Aqua Painter, Scallop Edge Punch, Vintage Brads, Wide Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon, Rectangle Slot Punch, SW Markers, Piercer

Sample Two: Sets: Embrace Life Paper: Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Watercolor Paper Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point, Black Stazon Accessories: Reinkers, Aqua Painter, Brads, White Taffeta Ribbon, Piercer, Dimensionals, White Gel Pen.

No comments: