Monday, August 5, 2024

Sea and Summer Fun with TCP Stamps

 

Beachside Slimline Scene from The Cat’s Pajamas

Hi There!  Today on the blog I’ve got some wonderful Summer cards that will soothe your soul!  And that’s because they all involve water, and they are brand new from The Cat’s Pajamas.  First off we’ll start with this Slimline beach scene with the new August set “Just Add Water”.  

I arranged the digital images into a scene and coloured the slimline scene up with Copics, with sparkly sea accents using a white Sharpie pen, and connecting lines in the scene with a black Micron pen.  My beach is definitely in the Caribbean somewhere with its beautiful coloured waters.  


I kept the details quite simple since the scene was detailed, but added the sentiment from the set which reads “Happiness Comes in Waves”.  



I’d love to be here right now!   Our next stop on the journey is under the sea with new Mermaids from The Cat’s Pajamas.  


This pretty set is called Be A Mermaid, and I’ve used just one of the mermaids that are included.  After colouring the image with Copics, I placed it windowed style with a watercolor paper frame which I had used Lindy’s Magical Powders on.  This gave me the sparkly pigmented water colour you see.  


It’s full of shimmer with the background as well as shimmery pen added to teh mermaid hair, the crab and the shell.  Even the star fish accent is coloured with Lindy’s Magical Powders.  I also added in some teal “waves” with a retired TCP die and some pretty holeless sequins to give the feeling of bubbles under the water.  


And she’s simply Mermazing!  So glad that you joined me today and I hope it sent you to a beautiful spot in your imagination.  

Here’s a peek at the new August sets I used. 











1 comment:

Conniecrafter said...

so cute, great scenes you have made with them and terrific coloring!