Monday, July 29, 2024

Billowing Peonies with Altenew


This May I was chosen as a winner of the Inspiration Challenge at Altenew, and was delighted to be able to pick up this stunning Billowing Peonies combination set.  I’ve been eyeing it for a long time!  The set itself is the largest set I’ve ever owned at 8 1/2 x 11 inches.  Filled with gorgeous peonies and lovely sentiments.  It’s so large that I could create two full A2 cards with it, and I’m playing along with the July Inspiration Challenge.  

This time I chose to use the coordinating stencil and ink blend with Distress Oxide inks.  Here’s what the image looked like after stencilling and die cutting: 


I chose to go with yellows, oranges and corals for the July Inspiration Challenge.  Ink blending especially with Distress Oxide inks really gives it a powdery soft finish.  


Firs up a partial cut of some of the blooms on this design, layered over top of a diecut background of soft green plaid.  


The encouraging sentiment is embossed from the set and a few enamel dots accent.  



For this second design, I layered the die cut flowers over top of a scalloped edge buttery yellow background to mimic the flouncy edged petals.  


See what I mean about gorgeous flowers??  I’ve accented it similarly to the first card with and embossed sentiment and enamel dots.  


Later this week I’ll show off other ways I’ve used this set with different colouring methods.  Thanks for dropping by today!  

No comments: