Monday, May 20, 2024

Retirement Florals with Pink Fresh Studios



Hello!  Today I’m bringing a second Retirement card for a friend’s workplace.  This one is all about fresh colour and beautiful colour!  I'm using Pink Fresh Studio’s Artsy Florals Stamp set and the coordainting dies.  They have a fun loosly drawn style which was fun to colour with Copics because you have the freedom to decide the depth of colour in the petals.  I’m also playing along with the May 2024 Monthly Challenge at Pink Fresh,  which is about Flower Power!  


Once I had coloured the flowers and die cut them, I created a pretty rainbow style ink blended background to coordinate with the colours of the flowers, and then ran this panel through the Ornate Medallions Coverplate die, perfect for a touch of delicate texture.  I also added a framing layer using Pink Fresh Studio’s Essentials:  Mini Slimline Dies.  


To help accent the design I embossed a few of the flowers from the set onto vellum and tucked them into the design, perfect for allowing the background colour to still shine through.  I few sequins add that touch of sparkle.  The sentiment is embossed and from a retired Stampin’ Up! set.  It feels so cheerful!  Which is what I hope retirement is like :)  

No comments: