Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Birthday Patterns with Power Poppy


Hello!  Today’s design is a Birthday design that makes great use of a statement piece of patterned paper.  I found this awesome sheet in my stash and decided that THIS was the day to make use of all those gorgeous colours and patterns together and the always adorable Power Poppy stamp set Party Time also in digi as Party Essentials Marcy has always done stacks of anything in ways you just can’t resist.  I took all my colour inspiration for the card from the patterned paper, with Copic colouring.  


I needed some separation between the pattern of the card and the presents, so I added an oval vellum layer that still gives you that transparant look at the design.  


A cute border lines the top of the car, with a GREAT BIG black satin bow.  Man, I can’t remember the last time I used a big ribbon accent, but it seems to suit the bold patterns and colours well, so you’ve just got to go for it!

Thanks for joining me today! 

No comments: