Tuesday, May 21, 2019

TCP New Release: Folk Art Flowers



Day Two at The Cat’s Pajamas' Sneaky Peek Week bring us all sorts of lovelies in flowers!  
This set, called Folk Art Flowers and it’s coordinating dies Folklore Flowers is precious!  I had so much fun playing with it and have way more ideas concocted in my head of how I plan to use it in the future.  For today, I created two flower spreads depicting Spring and Summer.  


First up is Spring!  All those sweet flowers that pop out of the ground are often soft shades, so this card plays up the blues and purples of a spring spread of blooms.  I love the variety of flowers, leaves and stems this set has!  You can get really creative.  


A little framing of the flowers, and the pretty sentiment from the set, finished with some iridescent Snowy Sparkle holeless sequins from the TCP store make it shimmery.  

Next up it’s summer!

I love the pure rich shades of summer, so I captured that in this card design with primary shades of bright reds, yellows and blues. Once I stamped the outside blooms heading where I wanted them, I cut out the center of the open space so that I could pop up that outer layer and add the sentiment from the set underneath.  


A great statement satin bow and more Silver Saucer Holeless sequins give it summer sparkle. 

Here’s a peek at the New Release Items I used today.  

Look at all the awesome images in this set!  And FYI, the stamp set and dies will be sold as a bundle at a discount so that’s a great way to get both!  

Would you like to win some Cat’s Cash to spend in the store?  All you need to do is comment on this post!  Alma will chose a winner from all the comments and post it on the TCP blog tomorrow!  

Pop on by to comment on these Cat Packer’s blogs for more chances to win!  

Alma at The Cat’s Pajamas
Christine Okken (you are here)
Brenda Nakandakari
Deborah Anton
Melissa Chipperfield
Nancy Thomas

15 comments:

Brenda said...

These are beautiful, Christine!

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are beautiful cards Christine love the red one
Gr Karin

Annette:) said...

I like both cards. The colors are so exciting. A fall one would be lovely, as well.

Karthikha said...

Colorful and beautiful cards! :)

MadeByMeghanK said...

I can't even begin to tell you how much I love these! The colors the design! BEAUTIFUL!

sharon g said...

I am in love with the flowers. They look great with soft colors or BRIGHT!!!!

Lorna said...

Love your card Christine.

Super Stick Chick said...

Wonderful cards! Love the fun flowers and great sentiments.

Becca Yahrling said...

Your cards are so bright & cheerful with the
pretty colors you've used. Love them!!

Denise Bryant said...

Love these charming flowers and your pretty color combos!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how cute! I love folk art flowers. Pretty colors!

Sue D said...

Pretty flowers and colors and I like the framing on the first one.

Indy's Designs said...

What fabulous cards! Your color combinations are great!

slbt17 said...

how can these cards not make someone smile!

Janis said...

Great color choices!! Love these new floral designs!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com