Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The Cat’s Pajamas: Cinco De Cactus!



Welcome to Day Three of Sneaky Peek Week at The Cat’s Pajamas!  Today’s set is a fun one that tugs at my heart strings and my love for Mexico!  The stamp set is called Cinco De Cactus and we’re also previewing an awesome die set called Stitched Squares and More


I love all things Mexico and the many memories we have of missions trips we have taken in the last 12 or so years to work with our friends in Mexico City.  I’ve probably mentioned it before, there is an excursion we always take when we take teams of students down there, it’s to a place called Xochimilco, and it’s a series of canals that you take a boat down, pushed by a driver with a long stick.  There’s a market and boats come up alongside of you with mariachi bands, it’s so festive and fun.  So, these adorable cactus mariachi singers steal my heart!  

I’ve stamped them, coloured them up with Copics, and then trimmed them out to tuck into these fun stitched windows I created with the new dies.  Alma gives us such creative dies that can be used multiple ways, and this one is a really fun one.  


Aren’t the little peppers and musical notes cute?  I chose to make this one a birthday card by using the Year of the Pig scripted sentiment we showed you yesterday.  

Here’s a peek at the set and die...






Would you like to win a $10 Gift Certificate to the TCP Store?  All you need to do is comment on the and you’re entered to win!  So pop on over to visit and comment!  Winner’s will be announced on the TCP Blog and Facebook page the following day!  


14 comments:

Finley and Brinley's Short Tails said...

Love your choice of colors for your card -- so festive! This cactus set is adorable!

Sue D said...

Cute and festive. I like the stitched squares.

Chris said...

What a fun card! Love it!

MadeByMeghanK said...

This is SUCH a fun and HAPPY card! I Love the colors! I love the cacti!

Karthikha said...

That's a super fun cacti card!! Would be great to make masculine cards :)

Super Stick Chick said...

Your colors are perfection! This card makes me want to dance!

KarinsArtScrap said...

ooooooooo this is fabbbbbbb and gorgeous Christine
Gr Karin

Nancy Thomas said...

Your love of Mexico shines through on this festive and creative card Christine!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

I love this card so much! I think the margaritas are calling! LOL

Annette:) said...

What a fun card. Your colors are perfect.

slbt17 said...

love, love, love this card!

Indy's Designs said...

Wonderful colors! Such a festive and fun card!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome color combo and details! The cacti images are so fun, and I love the new CutUps!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, this might be my favorite one yet! So fun and colorful! A super cute twist on the cacti craze in stamping. Love it, Christine!