Monday, August 20, 2018

Throw all the Confetti!


What kind of cards do you use the most of?  For me it's Birthday cards by far.  They are the cards I use most, and they’re the cards that sell the quickest too, so it’s really good to jump into The Cat’s Pajamas most recent TCP Tuesday Challenge theme, Birthday.  One of our dear friends was celebrating his 30th Birthday with a big celebration on Sunday and I needed a fun card that looked like a party on a page.  We even had confetti poppers at the party too.  

The extra fun part is that I’m SNEAKY SNEAK Peeking you a look at new August goodies being released at The Cat’s Pajamas!  The previews start today, so be sure to also stop by the TCP Blog and Nancy who’s our showcased stamper today.  This set is a cute one!  It has all the elements you’d want for a birthday set, and I think I’ve used about 1/2 of them on the card.  It’s called Let’s Party.  

I started by stamping the balloons in three colours in the background (Navy, Chocolate and Red), and then used two new dies TCP will be releasing this month as well,  called Balloon Frame, and Birthday Cake Cut Ups Dies.  I love that frame!  The stitching can be inset as there is no cut line outside (I just cut it with my paper trimmer), so you can inset it in the middle of a card base too.  I added some vellum behind the frame so you can see the balloon colours peeing beneath. The cake die works with the set and I love the funky retro font/lettering saying Happy Birthday.  


To make it even more of a wild party, I added a fun stream of swirly confetti streamers from TCP’s Icing CutUps Die, and finished it with some baker’s twine.  


On the inside I added a couple of more balloons and a sentiment from another set TCP will be releasing as well called Let’s Party.  Can you sense the theme we’re unveiling this month?  


So, you have just over one week left to enter the Birthday Challenge, and we hope you do!  The prize is a $50 Gift Code to the TCP store!  You’re going to love all that is being released this month!  I’ll be back Thursday to show you more!  


4 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful birthday card Christine

Helen said...

A delightful birthday card, Christine. The vellum frame is a nice touch and the inside sentiment so entertaining. tfs

Christina Lytle said...

Blog hopped onto your blog! beautiful card, and blog!!

Leslie Miller said...

Amazing work on that background, and super cute cake! Fantastic combination of stamping and die cuts. Definitely a party on a card!