Saturday, March 31, 2018

Barrow of Birthday Wishes

I hope you’re having a beautiful Easter weekend friends!


I realize that it's really the wrong season for this design, but sometimes you’ve just got to go where the inspiration strikes.  I think this pretty image from Power Poppy Fall Haul Digital is so great with that wheelbarrow bursting with pumpkins and gourds.  Blue and orange make such a nice colour combo too - so I coloured the wheelbarrow with an aged blue look. I wanted to use some woodgrain designer paper, but the woodgrain was just a bit too yellow looking, so I took my W1 copic marker to  get the tone in the paper to more of a warm grey to match the sahara sand paper.  


That perfect sentiment is from Power Poppy’s polymer set Go Wild  I curved it a bit to make it work with the oval of the main image, added a couple enamel dots and some twine to match.





4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Vivid and beautiful! I love how you curved the sentiment and altered the wood grain paper. Clever and fun, Christine!

Conniecrafter said...

Love the coloring, and like how you changed the wood grain color to match the blue paper!

Marjeta said...

I love this color combo too. Great card.

CherylQuilts said...

Christine, what a gorgeous card, and I love your coloring (of course) along with such a beautiful layout! Just love the oval shape with the scallops, and what beautiful DP. I also love the curved sentiment! Stunning. And praise God, Jesus is risen indeed! Had a beautiful Easter ourselves! Hugs and love! xoxo