Monday, November 23, 2015

Cool Crisp Wreath


How’s your Tuesday shaping up friends?  Do you have any snow in your neck of the woods?  Our family in the US has shown us pictures of up to 18” of snow where they are, and yet, we in the Great White North only have a dusting.  I know that probably won’t last much longer.  I’ll take it while we have it!

Today brings us another two week challenge at The Cat’s Pajamas!  We love doing Anything Goes Challenges, because it allows you to come up with whatever your creativity desires.  



I’m still brewing with creative ideas for the new sets and dies Alma just released because they’re so fun.  Today I made a crisp cool wreath with a fun colour combination and the new Wreath Kit stamp set.  I started by lightly tracing in pencil around a circular die, the size of wreath I wanted to build.  Then using some Pool Party ink, I started with the branches and added in some cool gray ink as well, and finally some pretty berries in Razzleberry ink.  I used teh Grapevine Wreath CutUps Die cut in grey cardstock to form the inner party of the wreath, swiping some VersaMark ink on it and adding some silver embossing powder.  I wanted it to look a bit like a sparkly dusting of snow.  I also added some silver embossed berries in the design for some extra shine.  

To complete this pretty wreath I added textured Razzleberry Poinsettia CutUps Die, and then used the Easy Stitched Bow CutUps Die in Pool Party cardstock to finish the top of the design.   So many fun new goodies to play with on this card!



I love this cool palette don’t you?  A really fun combination.  



Now don’t miss the big news at The Cat’s Pajamas!  Alma has a fabulous sale going on right now!  

We hope you can join us in our Anything Goes Challenge - you could win up to $15 Cat’s Cash to use in the store!  

Here’s some more inspiration from the lovely and amazing Cat Pack


Brenda Nakandakari
Christine Okken (you are here)
Deborah Anton
Julie Elak
Lori Tecler
Nancy Thomas


1 comment:

Judys said...

Love this! It's a favorite of the season in my corner! Thanks Christine!