Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Lemonade Stand


Ah, who can resist the neighbourhood lemonade stand?  Today’s TCP Sneaky Peek is a fun one!  



We’re celebrating all the fun in the summer sun with this adorable little lemonade stand....and a somewhat snarky-but-loveable big eared bunny manning the stand/giving advice :)  .  I gave him some soft pastel colouring with Copics, and then paired him up with some fun black and white gingham accenting.  This fun set also comes with an assortment of glasses that I stamped on the vertical layer.  



I used the cute little sunshine/flower die from the new Country Fair CutUps die, accented with a little button, and for fun I popped up the pitcher of lemonade.  




Here’s the inside with the fun scripty sentiment, and below the Copics I used. 



Are you In it to Win It?  Would you like an easy way to win a $10 Gift Certificate to The Cat’s Pajamas every day?  Just leave a comment on the DT’s Blogs!  The more you comment, the more chances you have to win!  You can also comment on our TCP Facebook page too....random commenters will be chosen there as well!

Christine Okken (you are here)




Here’s a sneak peek look at the new goodies I used today!




16 comments:

Michelle L. said...

love the color choices on this fun card!And that image is too cute.

DonnaTheBwana said...

Love your color selection and layout for your card... and stamping those drinks on the one layer was the perfect accent!

Brenda said...

This card makes me thirsty! I love that you used the glass stamp to create additional interest. Great card, love this set!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Christine, this little bunny is so adorable no matter what he is doing!! Now he is selling lemonade, how cute is that!!! Your coloring, as always, is amazing, I love the combination of DSP (something I struggle with all the time), and all the sweet little details, like that strip of stamped glasses with the straws.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Maria.

Joan V said...

What a fun summery card, Christine. You always have the perfect eye for papers and colors. Even your card inside is perfect. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kim K said...

This is such a pretty color palette, but very gender neutral at the same time. I love it!

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card, papers and design Christine
Gr Karin

cairn1 said...


This card is adorable and I love your color and design choices!

redstampinsam said...

Your card is beautiful. I've always loved the yellow-black color combo but your addition of the Copic greens takes this over the top!!! AND that color combo plus the black gingham/plaid will have me looking back for my own supply of black and white gingham ribbon and definitely some I have in the new Washi tapes. I LOVE THIS CARD!!!

snazzyjj said...

Love the black and white with this fun card. So much punch.

Foodista88 said...

The lemonade stand card is just adorable!

D.Ann C said...

Love this color combo and layout!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome color combo and coloring on your sweet card!

Sue D said...

Great card design. I like the colors and patterns.

Anonymous said...

Christine, I love your coloring and how you've used the Cut-ups! Such a cute card! Thanks! --Yvonne B.

Nancy Thomas said...

I love how you used the mini drink glass stamps to make your own patterned paper. Such a nice touch to an already fabulous card.