Friday, August 22, 2008

Mountain Coffee Thank You Set


Today is a day full of projects for me. I have a number of thank you items to make, a baby shower gift to complete, and cupcakes to bake for our family party for our 5 year old. We'll see how much I can get done in one day....I always think I can complete more than I usually am able to, nothing has gone like I thought it would this morning! A slow computer, programs not working, a call from my sister-in-law in the States.... Yikes still so much to do!

Here's one of the projects already complete. A family in our church has been so helpful to us these past few months so this is a thank you for them. In April of this year my husband was playing church league softball, and doing a routine play when his quadricep muscle tore off of his knee, it meant hospital time, surgery and 8 weeks with no weight on his right leg. Never underestimate your right leg! He couldn't drive for 8 weeks, couldn't even lift his leg on his own for a number of weeks, so a lot of family *stuff* fell to me. As our lawn grew higher and higher that spring I knew I *could* cut it myself, but with 3 kids and all the other stuff I was doing it was just another thing on the list. People began coming to help us with the lawn, but this one family just kept coming even without asking and also took care of it while we were on vacation. A very kind blessing.

So, we found this great coffee in Canmore called Kicking Horse, Three Sisters Blend (like the Three Sisters Mountains in Canmore). Cool packaging hey?

So I dug out my paper and found that Pacific Point was the perfect match. Sharon Johnson over at No Time to Stamp runs a Stamp Simply challenge each week and this weeks challenge is to use your basic stamp as focal image and background. This is a set from Flourishes designed by Sharon...and I've NEVER had a chance to use...so though it's not a perfect one stamp in the image and backgroud...the flourish I used in the coffee set is used as the background in the tag and card.

Here on the tag I used the flourish on the paper pieced cup and background, added pretty new paper from SU called Urban Garden, used my new large oval punch, pretty ribbon and it's a pretty but simple tag for the coffee. Sentiment is hand written with a white gel pen.

I really like how the card turned out. Lime green really is my favourite color, and I like the color contrasts and classy simplicity to the card. Cup and saucer are paper pieced and popped up, ribbon is from my local stamp store but by the yard so I'm not sure of the manufacturer, some scallops and simple brads and sentiment...a simple but lovely Bold Coffee Card.

Thanks for stopping by, hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with more pictures of my other projects that I (hopefully :) ) completed!

Recipe: Stamps: Flourishes - Coffee Time, Sentiment from Siberian Iris; Paper: Pacific Point, Urban Garden DSP, Basic Black; Ink: Black Stazon, Pacific Point; Accessories: Ribbon (by the yard), Black Brads, Scallop Edge Punch, Large Oval Punch, White Gel Pen, Dimensionals.

4 comments:

Shirley said...

Well, I learned a few things from you, Christine. What a great use of a stamp. I love both of your cards!

Anonymous said...

Christine, this is so adorable! Love your colors, they so match the coffee bag to perfection. Your friends are going to love this, how sweet of you to design this adorable ensemble for them!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Hi, Christine! Seeing this set yeseterday at SCS just put a HUGE smile on my face -- I LOVE it!!! Your colors look just fabulous and I enjoyed seeing some new SU paper and the punch - I'm going to an SU party on Wednesday and my list is lloooonnnng -- mostly paper,inks, punches, but I'm sure a few stamp sets will make their way onto my list -- LOL!!! I didn't know your DH had such troubles this summer -- hope all is well with him! And, yes, Praise the Lord! for good and kind friends and neighbors -- what a lovely gift you have prepared for them -- it will surely be appreciated!!! TFS!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm always looking for great thank you gift ideas. This gorgeous card and coffee is awesome. I wish I was a better card maker, but I'm gonna give a simpler version a shot. The card and coffee go together so nicely, it's seems like a mini-gift basket, BUT better (and more inexpensive). Great job!