Thursday, October 19, 2017

Happiest Holidays - Flowering Santa



Well friends, you’re going to flip with Marcy’s unique and inspired creativity today.... instroducing Flowering Santa, and he’s one dapper dude!

Heres Marcys description of this stylish guy:  

Big, bold, and laden with blooms! This botanical Santa Claus offers a warm, welcoming smile, twinkling eyes, and a beard that will not be soon forgotten. Santa's decorative curls overflow with holly, stars, and poinsettias — and when shaded using monochromatic tones or metallics, will create a supreme showstopper. Very merry sentiments are perfect for overlays or card interiors.



As soon as I saw this Merry Santa and his botanical beard, I remembered a sheet of designer paper that had the same look as Marcy’s illustration, so I quickly grabbed it out of my stash and starting colouring him up to match.  He’s decidedly more of a “salt-n-pepper” Santa to match the black in the paper, but I think it’s a fun look for him!  The card is 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches finished size to make lots of room for him. 



Some striped velvet ribbon accents finish it off.  I didn’t want to go too crazy with embellishments because the paper and design have a more busy tone.  I trimmed out the sentiment to place over top of the design, almost as if it’s floating.  



Allison Cope
Christine Okken

Julie Koerber
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

and Marcy at the Power Poppy Blog 

11 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's beautiful Christine cheerful Santa
Gr Karin

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Christine, you certainly did find the perfectly piece of DP to use, and I LOVE his salt and pepper. Totally gorgeous coloring, and I love the layout!! What total fun! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm completely overwhelmed. We're only halfway through and already it's all a must have. What a fun image and so beautifully colored and designed!

Esther Asbury said...

What a bright and cheery card you've created with this fun, jolly Santa! You're right - the DP matches his beard perfectly!!

Linda Pekrul said...

I haven't been able to comment every day, but you Power Poppy ladies are blowing me away with this release... such beautiful cards and such wonderful stamps! This Santa card is a STUNNER!

Lisa said...

I love how you used the colors from the paper to bring Santa to life! Absolutely gorgeous!

Tracey Magner said...

Just Beautiful, such pretty colors.TFS

Joyce Erb said...

Such a fun stamp! love the traditional colors

Unknown said...

The colors you pulled from the paper are wonderful!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

This Santa is so awesome and original !

Stacy Morgan said...

LOVE this... oh my goodness.. the red and black together are so rich and inviting. The layout is awesome... FABO!