Friday, June 9, 2017

June Bug



I’m popping in to celebrate our June Power & Spark Challenge over at Power Poppy!  This month Julie called it the “June Bug” challenge, and somewhere in your design you need to use a bug!  Cute as can be!  



I had already started colouring these gorgeous Ranuculus from Power Poppy’s set, Dynamic Duos:  Foxglove & Ranunculus.  This set is also available as a single image in digital form too if you’re interested.  I stamped it in a soft grey ink to keep the lines lighter, and then coloured it up with Copics and finished off some of the definition with Prismacolor Pencils.  

Then to get my little bugs in there, I used the bees from the Foxglove partner in the polymer set, stamping them separately and trimming them out.  I have no idea if bees like ranunculus....but they do on my card! :)



A bit of framing with a stitched die, some gingham paper and some buttons complete the design, and the sentiment is from Power Poppy’s set, Go Wild.  



Here’s a peek at the inside with another buzzing bee included.   Below are the Copics I used, but I didn’t include the Prismacolor Pencils used.  



Don’t forget to drop by the Power Poppy Blog for another edition of Good Vibe 5, where Marcy showcases 5 fabulous bits of inspiration, and stop by my Bloom Brigade sisters playing along today....


Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence

Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker



7 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's gorgeous Christine

gr karin

Leslie Miller said...

The words "oooh, that's pretty!" just slipped right out of my mouth when I saw this! Awe inspiring coloring and sweet colors, frame, scallops, buttons. So delicious!

Helen said...

This is a delightful card, Christine. The little "bug" is great both outside and in--fun touch. Thanks for sharing.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, this is so beautiful, and I agree with everything Leslie said! I love the stunning colors and wonderful layout! It is gorgeous! Hugs! xoxo

ellyscard creatief said...

Gorgeous card.

ellyscard creatief said...

Very lovely.

Stacy Morgan said...

ACK.. Oh this is just darling. I like the designer paper at the bottom and the button accents. Wonderful coloring and framing. This is just beautiful.