Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Easter Lily



Hello lovely people!  Today I’m bringing you a special design made for Easter.  It is so meaningful to me in my faith walk to remember and celebrate Jesus sacrifice for me personally, the depth of His love for me and for the world, and hope for life!  The Easter Lily is a symbol of purity, virtue, innocence, hope and life.  Perfect for the season.  

I wanted to see if I could use Power Poppy’s beautiful new set Tiger Lily XL to create an Easter Lily, and overall, I think it worked pretty well!  It’s always nice to find more than one way to use a stamp.  

I started by stamping the large lily in Memento Summer Sun ink on Copic XPress It Blending card stock.  The light ink helps maintain as much of the white of the petals in the design as possible.  Then, I went to work colouring in the center of the flower in a bright green, next adding shadows to the petals in the depths allowing a lot of the white to show through.  By colouring the background in a bluey-purple it adds to the contrast, making the whites look even whiter.  



I decided to keep the design very simple to showcase the beauty of the flower.  Just adding a simple row of ric rack and the sentiment from Power Poppy’s set, Bloomin’ Wonderful stamped in Memento Pear Tart ink.  

Sometimes when I’m colouring a really large flower, I’ll cut off the edge of the design and flip it around to the opposite side of the card to add some contrast to the design.  You can see this little strip along the right side of the card.  It was originally on the left of the stamped design.   



Here are my Copics used for the colouring.  


Thanks for sharing the joy of the Easter celebration with me.  I’ll be back tomorrow with a card for Power Poppy’s Power & Spark Challenge!


5 comments:

Aileen said...

Wow this is perfect, love the colouring, it truly looks so white. Wonderful centre and outer area colouring.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, this is GOrGEOUS, and your coloring is exquisitely done with the blue-purple to really make the white "pop" so beautifully. I love the shading around the petals so they are really white! Beautiful layout and a stunning Easter card. Yes, what a joy to know Jesus as my Savior Who died and rose again. I praise Him for the sacrifice He made so we might have life with Him forever. I love the symbolism of the Easter Lily and thank you for this beautiful post! Hugs and wishes for a blessed weekend and Resurrection Sunday...He is risen indeed! xoxo

Desert Kat said...

Oh my, this is just gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! This is light years beyond beautiful, Christine! I'm stunned!

Sue L. said...

Hi Christine. Hope your weather is warming up. A friend of ours sent a pix from Vermont, on the first day of April. All the ground and trees were covered with snow and more snow was falling asleep he took the pix. Yike... so glad we're in Georgia! 😄 want to wish you and your family a happy and blessed Easter. Also want to express the awesomeness of your beautiful painting. Appreciating your tips as well.