Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Planning for Magnolias

My TCP post is just below this one today :)  



Hello lovely people!  Today begins the gorgeous sneak peeks for a new release at Power Poppy!  I’m delighted to show you today’s set - Planning for Magnolias.  It showcases this gorgeous tree flower that I wish I could grow in my neck of the woods!  I think they are stunning.  



One of my favourite versions of this lovely bloom is a type of Lily or Tulip Magnolia.  It’s got these gorgeous deep purple to soft pink flowers that are so striking.  I tried to capture that in the colouring of this pretty branch.  After colouring it up I carefully fussy cut it out and placed it on this raised frame design that was cut using a Spellbinders Die.  I really wanted to give it all that “white-on-white” look,  and I love the way texture looks on white so I embossed all the layers in an embossing folder.  

I was away when I coloured this so I didn’t take a picture of the Copics I used but I’m pretty sure the petals are done with RV00, RV63, RV66, RV69, the leaves with YG21, YG23 and the branches E21, E23, E25, E27 and the flower centers are Y21, Y35, Y38.  Hopefully that’s helpful!  



Beneath the framing,  I inset the background layer and smooshed some light rose ink onto an acrylic block and then stamped the block onto the cardstock.  It helps to distinguish it a bit from the upper frames.  A few sequins and a satin bow complete the front.  It almost gives it the feel of a shaker card. 

Ah!  Can you see where I missed a tiny bit of the branch in my colouring?!  I’ll have to go back and fix that!  :)



Inside I placed one of the pretty sentiments from the set and another row of embossed white cardstock.  



Now, here’s the beautiful Bloom Brigade bringing you more inspiration with this gorgeous set!!   We’ve got so much beautiful inspiration this week I know you’re going to love it!  See you again tomorrow!  

Allison Cope
Christine Okken (you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker




13 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

elegant and gorgeous Christine
Gr Karin

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Christine you have coloured that to absolute perfection. Everything about your design is stunning. Cheers.

Leslie Miller said...

Christine, love this color and stunning design with perfectly matched sequins. It does look like a shaker card! So beautiful!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful coloring, and I love the touch of the matching sequins to go with it, so pretty!!

Kathy Jones said...

GASP.....THUD!!!! Holy Smokes Christine, this is DIVINE!! Your colouring is exquisite and all the fussy cutting make this a show stopper!!! Looooove all the texture (inside and out!). Spectacular!!

Pauline said...

Christine this is gorgeous!! I thought this was a shaker card at first, beautiful colouring and love all the details on this!

Davi said...

So elegant with all the white and texture! The pretty flowers are the icing!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous Christine! I was gonna cut around mine too and I didn't. Now... I wish I had as I LOVE how it looks. Your coloring is spectacular, love the white on white. Just gorgeous!

Allison Cope said...

Good golly it's stunning Christine! Your colouring is AH-MAZING! Totally love the embossing on the card base too!

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful coloring on the flowers and I love how you framed them.

Katie Sims said...

I knew you would do incredible things with this image, Christine and you certainly did! I got a smile from your post too....I love the tulip shaped magnolia trees too and in fact, I have a picture on my phone of one enormous one in our town that make a point of visiting every year because it truly is a sight...I will make sure I send you the photo! :) Now, back to your beautiful card....your coloring is stellar, of course, but I love the way you placed the image on your embossed and die cut window on your card. The large white space and those gorgeous sequins really amp up the drama here. Making a note to CASE this layout at a later date! :) High fives on this one, Christine....seriously!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, this is breathtaking, and your coloring is exquisite. (Now if you hadn't told me about the missing color, I would not have noticed it - hehe!) But truly, the white on white with the embossing is fabulous, and I love the "frame" you've used with with the soft coloring and sequins. Your fussy cutting really makes this tulip magnolia branch seem like it's floating in the outdoors saying, "am I beautiful or not???" And your bow is a perfect finish. Almost reminds me of a corsage. Stunning and definitely a favorite! Hugs, sweet friend!

Aileen said...

How can I say any more than the comments above. Perfection I think, yes absolute perfection.