Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Orchids Rock


We’re kicking off a fabulous week of new releases from Power Poppy!  I’m so delighted to show you all the beautiful polymer stamps that Marcy has designed for us because they are amazing!  Today we’re beginning with the gorgeous Orchids Rock set.  I showed a super sneak peek yesterday on the Power Poppy blog and today I’m showing you the other orchid image in this set.    One of the things I really love about this set are the really fun and encouraging sentiments.  The kind of words you’d want to say to a friend to spur her (or him!) on.  



Orchids come in so many stunning rich shades of colour, but I seem to be stuck on this rich purpley shade, it’s one of my favourites because it’s a cross between purple and burgundy.  The perfect mix!  

The images are stamped on XPress It Blending card stock and then coloured up with Copics.  I really wanted this one to have a fresh feel, so there is a lot of white space and angled panels with the pops of acid green.  


I did a little ombre colouring on the sentiment, added a organdy bow and some little ribbon tabs on the design, and otherwise kept it really clean.  



Here’s the Copics I used for colouring.  




And here’s the beautiful Bloom Brigade line-up showing off their Rockin’ Orchids!  Enjoy!  


Allison Cope
Christine Okken
 (you are here)
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker


Tomorrow we’ll be back with more!

16 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh!! how gorgeous, what amazing, vibrant colors and your layout is just fantastic.
This sneak peeks are just getting my shopping engine going, Christine. I can't wait to see the rest of Marcella's creations.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Maria.
PS.Thank you also for the sweet comment you left on my blog, training is going great, I'm still amazed at what I can still do at 63!!!!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

o this is gorgeous Christine
Gr Karin

Robin said...

Gorgeous! Orchids are one of my favorite flowers, and purple my favorite color!

Conniecrafter said...

such a beautiful card to give encouragement, lovely colors and coloring!

Cheryl W. said...

I am so in awe of your coloring skills. This is a gorgeous, frame-worthy card.

Karen W said...

Wow this is fabulous, I can't wait to get my hands on these stamps!

BJ Searcy said...

WOW, gorgeous card. Beautiful colors, you ROCKED this card!

Dawn B. said...

Your coloring is so pretty on this. I am a purple lover and this is just the shade I like. Great job as always.

Katie Sims said...

Well you definitely achieved the fresh feel you were going for....your purpley color scheme and that wonderful spring green pair together for one beautiful orchid! Loved your tut on the blog the other day too! You are definitely rockin' the orchids and I always love to see what you do with these beautiful images! :)

Ellibelle said...

Your coloring is absolutely amazing! Love your card!

Nancy said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, this is gorgeous and such fabulous colors! Wow! I totally love your layout and coloring...amazing! And thanks for the wonderful tutorial yesterday...you rock!!! Cannot wat to see the rest of the collection...I am swooning over the orchids! We have five blooming now! Hugs!!

Leslie Miller said...

You rocked these orchids, Christine! The bright blooms on the clean white with that splash of acid green makes for a very crisp and fresh creation. Just what you were intending! Perfection!

Kathy Jones said...

SWOON!!! Oh my goodness, this is spectacular Christine!! Love the colouring of these orchids and the colours of your card panels are fantastic!! Stunning card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Super vibrant and pretty Christine! THe bright colors are dramatic. Wonderful sketch to boot.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh my goodness!! Your orchids are so vibrant and gorgeous! And I adore the lime green paired with your floral colors! They compliment each other beautifully! WOWsers!!