Friday, October 24, 2014

Sparkling Trees


Hello friends and greetings on this lovely Friday!  I have another pretty Christmas design to show off to you that’s a snap to create.  I started with the lovely Bottlebrush Holiday from Power Poppy.  I stamped it in white craft ink and embossed it in white embossing powder.  Then I took some ink and lightly watercolored the trees keeping that mono-chromatic feel to them.  Then I took my cues from the baubles on the trees and added sparkly rhinestones in the spots that Marcy drew them.  Isn’t the font for the sentiment great?  So vintage feeling.  

The papers are Bo Bunny Candy Cane Lane.  I love the bokeh effect of the background paper.  Did you know that it’s actually said “bo-kay”?  I learned that in my photography class this fall.  I mistakenly thought it was bo-kuh but I was wrong.  There’s your interesting tidbit for the day.  


For accent I wanted something really streamlined so I cut a paper bow with my Silhouette Cameo and added that to the front of the design as well as some pretty teal velvet ribbon.  



Here’s the inside with a little tree and the sentiments.  

Now some of the other fabulous girls from the Bloom Brigade are going to show off their creativity to you.  And then please jump on in and play along with us in our Power Poppy Peep of the week challenge!  




Allison Cope
Christine Okken 
(you are here)
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber
Tosha Leyendekker




9 comments:

KimCreate said...

oh Christine, this is so wonderful! Love the stamp in white on the turquoise!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is elegant and very beautiful Christine
Gr Karin

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, I love these frosty sparkly colors! So pretty Christine!

Alanna said...

Gorgeous. I love that image of the trees and those fun papers.

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

I love it, Christine. The colours you chose make it feel cool and icy. Cheers.

Karen W said...

Wow this is so pretty, I love the colors you used!!

Conniecrafter said...

that is so pretty, I just love the white embossing of these and the touch of color added!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Christine, what beautiful colors! I just love the white embossed image on the "cool" turquoise/mint! I agree with Danielle that it has a cool, sparkly feel to it! And what a great layout with that your gorgeous bow!! Hope you entered this in Friday's Free For All challenge of using non-traditional colors for a Christmas card! It's perfect! Love it, my friend! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

How beautiful, Christine! These trees are so easy, I think, and one of my favorite Christmas stamps. I love your design. Always something interesting! Also, thanks for the pronunciation tip. I didn't know that!