Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Vases of Azaleas



Here is another pair of pretty azalea cards for the friends that let us stay at their place on Spring Break.  I wanted to do something really cheerful for this pair.  There’s just some slight differences between the two cards with paper choices and sentiment.  


I began with the gorgeous Azaleas set from Power Poppy, and then also used Good Thinking: Renewal for the sentiment on the other card.  So many great words of hope in that set!  Stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and then coloured with Copics (see the pic below for colours).  I wanted it to match up with this older MME paper  The Skies the Limit - Find Your Wings.  I used this week’s Deconstructing Jen sketch for the layout.  


A wide panel of lace really sets off the flowers with a little washi tape accent and some white Candi to tie it all together.  


And here’s the Copic colours I used.  

Now there’s just one more set to make!  

9 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow these are stunning cards and so cheerful colours Christine.

gr karin

Barbara said...

This is absolutely beautifully done Christine. I love the color tones of your Azalea bouquet. Beautiful cards.

Katie Sims said...

Just sheer gorgeousness is what these are, Christine! I love the colors you used.....this will be one lovely gift! :)

Rene from OZ x said...

Your card is lovely Christine.
Rene from OZ xo

Ruthie said...

Absolutely stunning!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my these are just gorgeous, beautiful coloring, like the layout and the lace is such a pretty touch!

Rosy Newlun said...

Wow Christine, these are mind blowing gorgeous! I love the touch of lacy goodness. Wish I had some of your courage because mixing pattern papers scares the living daylights out of me lol!!!! Thank you, dear one, for visiting my blog, too. All my best ♥

Leslie Miller said...

What great copic coloring on these beauties, Christine! They almost look watercolored. I have every one of those markers in my collection, so I'm glad you shared them. These two cards are so colorful and beautiful. LOVE!

905lovestostamp said...

LOVE the color palette you've used, Christine, and I heartily agree with Leslie Miller, for the colored image looks almost watercolored to me as well. GORGEOUS! :) And I love the water in the vase, it all looks so beautiful. What artistry!!!