Monday, March 31, 2014

Good Thinking: Renewal

I just love Marcy’s theme of Renewal this month.  I think it’s powerful for us as people to be seeking renewal in our own lives, and being the kind of people that invite others to renewal too.  To me it is a deeply faith-filled theme, so based on the truths of Easter.  This lovely sentiment set has so many powerful words of renewal for really hope-filled designs.  



With on-trend typography designed by Marcella Hawley, Good Thinking: Renewal will end your search for "just the right" rejuvenating words! This all-sentiment set measures 4" by 6" and is loaded with 16 images. Take a deep breath in, exhale out and stamp up some serenity. Now doesn't that just feel better?


This is a VERY Clean and Simple design, I’m not one who usually does CAS really well, but this one just popped into my head.  I really love this sentiment.  All of us need to take some breaks in life regularly to find renewal for our spirits.  God does that for me in countless ways, especially when I’m going through difficult times, when I listen and tuck into Him.  

I really wanted this creation to have the simplicity and calm feel of going to a beautiful spa where all the colours are serene and beautiful.  And I just had to pull in another feather, cut with my Silhouette Cameo on vellum.  



The beautiful sentiment is embossed and I carefully inked up the centre of “UP” with my B13 Copic marker.  Just a few clear sequins and some twine finish it off.

Today the Bloom Brigade is stamping out some serenity and they'd love to share a bit with you! 
Allison Cope
Christine Okken (you are here)
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

16 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

Oh Christine, this is so SERENE!!! Love the colour you've used and the translucent accents are soooooo lovely!! Beautiful card!!

Liz Williams said...

Such a refreshing card in the perfect color.

Annheidel said...

Sweet card and such a pretty feather!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card Christine.

gr karin

dpkennedy said...

This is so soothing and pretty! I love the vellum feather! Fabulous card Christine!

Allison Cope said...

So pretty Christine! Love the soft and fresh colour and your vellum father is super cool! Love it!

Linsey R said...

This card is wonderful Christine. It is so peaceful and quietly lovely :) I really love this sentiment set too--Especially this time of year. Beautiful job, have a great day!

Jerri Jimenez said...

So beautiful Christine! The color is so soothing . . . very serene! Just love it!!

Celeste Goff said...

What a gorgeous card! I just adore that light, pretty die cut vellum feather and those gorgeous sequins! So pretty!

Dawn B. said...

This is so soft and pretty. I need to try out the file to cut the feathers. You made it look fabulous here. What a wonderful card Christine.

Becky said...

Wow, I love how this feather came out! Gorgeous CAS card.

Leslie Miller said...

I feel like I've had the spa treatment, immersed in this cool blue and tickled with a feather! Absolutely lovely, Christine!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oooo....LOVE these colors Christine!! And your feather with with the sequins is just lovely!! you ROCK CAS!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Wow... some serious cut work girl. That is so cool!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Ahhh...so fresh and pretty, Christine! Love this fabulous CAS design!

Katie Sims said...

Talk about a "peaceful easy feeling"! Love the beautiful feather and your serene color scheme!:)