Sunday, January 12, 2014

m for monkey

Today was a special day, we celebrated one of our former student’s baby boy with a Baby Shower.  Three of the girls and I put it together and it was so fun to be able to shower his mama and him with wonderful things.  I’ve been working very hard all week on little bits and details to make the party fun.  I’ll just show you the card tonight and then later this week some of the other things I did.  


The little guy’s name starts with M and they have nicknamed him monkey :)  I used PTI’s set Tiny Treats for the monkey, and Flourishes S’More Fun for the banners.  You’ll see a banner theme in what I did for the party later this week too.  I layered the monkey on the die cut letter and paired it all with Lori Whitlock All About a Boy designer paper.  We had a orange and blue sort of theme.  

The sketch is this last week’s Mojo Monday one.  



Just some simple enamel dots as accent and Flourishes Tailor Made Classic Bookplate Die for the sentiment tab.  


And here is the adorable Mister Monkey himself.  SO precious.  His Daddy took this picture not me, I just didn’t want to leave it unwatermarked.  

I’ll be back later this week with more from the Baby Shower!  Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Marisa said...

What a cutie :) Darling card to honor him too! Always amazing how quidckly kids grow up. Some I taught 3 year old Cubbies to are now in tenth grade or higher! Even moreso when there is a new life invovled!!

D- said...

What a sweet face.
I love your card. I bet the rest of your stuff is wonderful. Can't wait to see them.
Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

TLady said...

TOOOO SWEET CHRISTINE!!!!!! :) I'm SURE "M's" parents TRUELY APPRECIATED EVERY DETAIL you & the other girls put into their shower!!!!!!!!!!:) AND SWEET CARD TOO!!!!!!!!! SOOO PERFECT for this little guy!!!!!!:)

Allison Cope said...

Awww.... cutest monkey ever! Love your fab card too Christine! <3

Wanda Cullen said...

He is so adorable and your card is just perfect to celebrate the "little monkey"! Looking forward to seeing the other shower treats you created!

Conniecrafter said...

the card is just too cute, great colors and cute that you used his nickname :) he is a little cutie!

KarinsArtScrap said...

supr cute and a fabulous card Christine.
and what an adorable picture.

gr karin

Rosy Newlun said...

P-r-e-c-i-o-u-s gifts and baby Christine! I love your quilt and pennants. The pictures are full to the brim with love. Congrats on all the blessings!

Leslie Miller said...

This is so bright and fun and cheerful and perfect! And just look at that little baby cutie pie monkey. Precious!