Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Recessed Posies

How about a clean and simple design for today?  I played with last months’ Flourishes set - Friendship and Flowers and my Silhouette machine and had some fun.  For the release last month I did a similar technique with this set in THIS POST so for instructions you can click there.  Essentially I used the Silhouette cut file for this lovely set and enlarged it in my Silhouette program, then cut it on the Classic Kraft card stock creating a negative space window to stamp my pretty flower in.  


I inked the flower in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and stamped in on this lovely Memorabilia designer paper , colouring it in lightly with copics and highlighting the sentiment with a light copic marker.  


Very simple clean accents including some lines with my Copic Multi-liner, buttons and some simple grey seambinding in a bow.  

Short and sweet for today!  Catch you later this week for our Flourishes Pre-Release Challenge for December…can you believe it!?

4 comments:

TLady said...

TIME goes SOOOOO FAST!!!!!!!!!:? CAN'T WAIT to see what else Flourishes has for us this month!:) Your card is VERY INTERESTING with the cut/window in the card face!!!! :) Peeking in & seeing a FLOWER would BLESS ANYONES' DAY!!!!!!!!!!!:) SUPER JOB CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!:)

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is so beautifulll Christine.

gr karin

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Lovely Christine, the die shape for the window is creative.

stampqueen said...

Awesome idea for the recessed flower!!!