Friday, March 22, 2013

Hello Honey!



As I'm writing this (on Thursday - the first full day of spring), it's blizzarding here.  Again.  We've had a crazy over-abundance of snow this winter, the drifts are so high it's become hard to shovel, even for my 6 foot 3 inch husband.  So, I have to create spring in card form yet again!  But I have to say I love this one!   I stamped the honey bee skep from Flourishes Bee My Honey set onto Flourishes Classic White with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Then I die cut it with these great Hexagon Spellbinders MADE for  a project just like this :).  The colouring was very fun, and I have a long list of copics I used.


I paired the pretty honey scene with some papers from MME - Unforgettable, which has that awesome honeycomb pattern.  I cut out some of the honeycomb design on one of the sheets to make a border along the bottom and also to accent the top left.  Then a little teal blue seam binding, sunflower buttons and twine to make it pretty...then a wee sentiment flag stamped with Memento Teal Zeal.  The cardstock is Color Made Easy Sunflower and Emerald Coast.  










I hope my little taste of spring makes you feel the joy today!  

8 comments:

TLady said...

Your card is BEAUTIFUL CHRISTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like it SHOULD BE in a STORY BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I LOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! :)"HAPPY SPRING!!!!!!!"

Conniecrafter said...

I will try not to complain about the 2-5 inches of snow we are suppose to get tomorrow.
I do Love the way you colored this image, perfect lift us up and get us ready for spring card, just Lovely!

Sue D said...

Love this! I am a beekeeper and love hexagons and bee images.

Mary Ann said...

Love your card,SOOOOOOOOOOO Very pretty!!1So sorry to hear that you are still getting snow,WE are in the spring down here...

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous Christine! Love the colouring of you image! Beautiful papers too!

Bobbi Miller said...

oops... almost forgot! I also LOVE this card! :-)

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a gorgeous card Christine, the image a nde paper fit wel together.

greetings karin

Heather Rogers said...

This looks so pretty with that happy spring paper. We are getting snow here again! It isn't sticking to the roads, just the grass. They are saying 50's by the end of the week! :)

Hugs~