Monday, January 16, 2012

Dear Friends are Close to the Heart


Isn't that true? I have a friend from college, which seems like a lifetime ago.  Since college we both married, moved away, have had families, and she lives in the US Midwest.  But because of the quality of friendship we have had, I could call her at any time and we could pick up right where we left off.  She's a treasure.  Boy do I wish we lived closer.  

This lovely sentiment comes from the new Flourishes January Releases.  This set is called Heartlines and it's full of lovely sentiments perfect for people you care about.   I used an awesome Spellbinder's Die, Twisted Metal Tags and Accents to create the framing aournd the sentiment on lovely Kaiser Paper - Miss Nelly, and gave it a layout and sewing to feel a bit like a cozy quilt, finishing it with some hearts along the bottom.   I've also added some Spellbinders butterflies and little faceted hearts as accent.  

Thanks for stopping by today!  

3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful text and card christine.

greetings karin

Marisa said...

I have a college friend I can do the same thing with and time together is amazing when we do manage to see each other face to face. Great sentiment and a great card :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

So sweet and BEAUTIFUL! LOVE your card!
Hugs, Karin