Sunday, May 29, 2011

From the Garden

Hello Friends and happy Monday to you!  It's the start of a new week, and for many of you a happy start because it's Memorial Day in the US, we already had our May holiday last week with Victoria Day.

The title of the post is appropriate because I finally did get my garden in the ground on Saturday.  This was the first year I let the kids plant everything with me, and we had fun.  Hopefully in a few weeks we'll see some of those seeds pop up, and I'll look forward to our produce.  In other news...my cherry tree and apple tree have TONS of blossoms this year, so I'm very excited about the potential of that too!  Then I weeded and yanked out a ton of our rhubarb.  Boy that plant has gotten away from me this spring!

I have a lovely post today with a garden theme and the latest kit from Flourishes called Venice.  Wouldn't this be a nice card to pop into some garden gifts?


I used Flourishes whimsical From the Garden set as well as the Venice Kit.  Isn't that Baja colored ribbon just dreamy?  It's like an iridescent crushed taffeta that's really light and lovely to tie.  


I used the Spellbinder's Labels Fourteen Die to it's fullest on this card cutting the main image, and then cutting the bottom edge of the up and down panels on the card as well.  I love all the curves it gives to the rather straight panels of the design.   Copic coloring to match the papers and then the pretty brads from the kit on both the card and to accent the ribbon.  



So be sure to check out the other girls showing off the Venice Kit today.

Julie
Dawn 
Sharon

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps:  Flourishes From the Garden;  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black;  Paper:  Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, 7 Gypsies Venice, Flourishes Classic Ivory;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Labels Fourteen Nestabilities Die, Antique Brads, Baja ribbon, Copic Markers, Dimensionals. 

14 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

your card is wonderful christine, great colors too and I love your bow.

greetings karin

petra,s cards said...

wauw cristine this is verry beautiful!!!
xx petra

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Very pretty, love the colors in the kit and the beautiful coloring on the stape too... That bow is lovely!

Julie Koerber said...

What a fun design and beautiful coloring job (as always!!!) Thanks for the fun layout and fabulous inspiration!!

Marisa said...

Darling card and so glad you got your garden in :) Nothing better than enjoying fresh goodies from your own hands.

mamiecathy said...

j'adore le tampon est trop beau c'est adorable
biz cathy

Sherry Kushibab said...

Lovely card - and that ribbon you used for the bow is outstanding looking. I envy you a garden it is something I have never been very successful at....hope is blooms well.

Dawn B. said...

Your coloring is fantastic on this card Christine. I love the way you used the ribbon and brad. Great job. My garden is about half grown now. We plant here in early April..Great family project.

Shannon White said...

Wow! Miss Christine, this is Soo Beautiful! Love your wonderful coloring and your fabulous card layout! Just Gorgeous!

Hugs!
Shannon

Sewflake said...

Wow, such vivid colors!! Love it! The ribbon really brings attention to your colored image.

Joan V said...

Wow, this is so pretty. I love the colors that you chose. Thanks for sharing.

Conniecrafter said...

neat stamp set, love the sentiment on an angle like that, great coloring and such pretty embellishments

Traci S. said...

Hi Christine,

I love this stamp set, and find that I use it a lot! Most of the different stamps will fit on a tag with a sentiment! I love the Venice Kit used with it. You have really put things together beautifully. I love your coloring, as always!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Christine..and your coloring is perfect!! I love your bow and pretty brads as well!!