Monday, April 4, 2011

A Copic Organization Idea

A few weeks ago I decided I'd do some organizing of my different Copics so that I could see what I had at a glance, and see what markers need refills.  Sharon Harnist has a great downloadable Copic Color Chart sheet that I tried, and I'm so happy I did!  I just printed it on Flourishes Cardstock, which is what I use for all my Copic coloring.  It works great for me to compare my colors to cardstock or patterned paper and also to see some cross color blends that would work too.  As you probably already know, the lids aren't completely reliable to determine the color of the marker....and now that I have it all colored in, I can see what I'm missing too - in case you know I need to do some shopping let's say  :)    You can click on this photo to maker it larger if you like.


It lists all the color numbers available in Sketch (which is what I have) by color letter and number, and then I also added an "F" if they are part of a Flourishes Collection of Copics too.   On the right of the chart are my Spica glitter pens.    If you're a Copic Markers user it might be something for you to try too!  

2 comments:

Sherry Kushibab said...

I have the copic chart but like your suggestion to copy it on the paper you color on.....that said seeing all your colors I now have 'copic envy' LOL - Have a great day.

Karen McAlpine said...

It is so amazing that you posted this today. I was just setting down to at the computer to create a list in Excel with all my copic numbers. You saved me tons of time. Thanks for sharing this!!!