Friday, August 6, 2010

Today's Sunshine

This is my biggest Sunshine tonight....our youngest turned seven years old.  How did my baby get to be seven?   It feels like just yesterday we were in the hospital having him.  I SO love this boy, he is such a character, with the sweetest heart, he makes me laugh, and keeps me young.

Here he is enjoying his Chocolate Birthday Cake and ice cream.  Couldn't you just pinch those cheeks!


Tonight's Inspiration Challenge at SCS is a cool site filled with fun belts and buckles.  I chose this as my inspired piece at Frankie and Julie.   And here's where I went with it...something fun and sunny and cheerful. 

I colored this adorable Stampavie image with Prismacolor pencils, and then used a Verve stamp for the sentiment.  I combined a bunch of designer papers....Cosmo Cricket, SU and SEI.  This way I could use the cheery colors and keep the different patterns and scales working together.  

Below is a REALLY big close-up!

 

I used the MFT Die-Namics for the ric rac border and added texture to it.  It's definitely a multi-company card!  

Recipe:  Stamps:  Stampavie - Mouse on Orange Daisy, Verve - Enjoy Today;  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Marigold Morning;  Paper:  Poppy Parade, Summer Sun, Cosmo Cricket- Early Bird, SU - Flamingo (?),  Flourishes Classic White, SEI - Happy Day;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Labels Four Nesties, Dotted Wavy Border Punch, Pinked Hearts Border Punch, Prismacolor Pencils, MFT - Die Namics Ric Rac Border and texture plate, Gingham Ribbon, Oval Punch, Bow Easy, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, BG Gems.  

5 comments:

Marisa said...

He reminds me of my little guy with that twinkle in his eye LOL! Love my little guy to bits too. He lives life to the fullest, loves to snuggle and has a huge heart. Lucky for him, this counteracts his endless energy LOL! Happy Birthday to your cutie :D

KarinsArtScrap said...

hi christine
it's a really cheerful and sunny card, love all those sunny colors.
and congratulations off your son's birthday and too your son.


greetings karin

Denise Marzec said...

Awwwwww, happy birthday to your sweet boy. He's adorable!....and he's looks WAY happy to be eating that yummy cake and ice cream.

Adorable card as always, Christine! Love Stampavie!

Beate said...

The image is darling and your coloring beautiful! Great card!
Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs and smiles

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Aw what a sweet photo!! YOur little guy is adorable!! Happy Birthday to him!! My Mom's birthday is this weekend too. SO we are busy celebrating with her.

I just love the bright and sunny colors on your card!! Stunning coloring and image!! Your layouts and details always are stunning. You are such an inspiration!

Thanks for the sweet words on my blog. I will pray for your son too. Worry is a hard thing to combat but with God's help we can.

Miss you at ODBD!

Have a great weekend!

hugs,
Chris