Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Sky is the Limit

I'm trying to get back into a little stamping, but boy my brain does not feel connected to my body yet.  I have to putter and putter to make things work, and I never was a speedy stamper as it was.  In Mexico City they really don't have many traffic lights, but they do have a lot of large speed bumps to control traffic and speed.  Let's just say, I felt like I was hitting a lot of those speed bumps today.

To throw the creativity into gear, I tried my hand at the Color challenge today at SCS, it is Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso and Blushing Bride, and I thought I'd also try the Mojo Sketch for this week.   Right before we left on the Mission Trip, I got a lovely little box of PTI goodies, and some SU goodies and I thought I'd use some of them today.


Stamped this cute little plane from the Fly Away mini set onto watercolor paper and used my ink pads squished into the lid to watercolor the image.  I think I would get a deeper Cherry color if I used the reinker bottles but I don't have them yet.  I also used the clouds from Up, Up and Away on the Blushing Bride layer.

The close up is a bit truer to the colors, I'm still figuring out my new Mac editing software.  Otherwise it's all sketch and simplicity, some dotted embossing folder, a little pretty ribbon, a sentiment flag and there you have it.

Thanks for coming by today!

Recipe:  Stamps:  PaperTrey Ink - Up, Up and Away, Fly Away;  Ink:  Brown Stazon, Blushing Bride, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Vanilla Craft;  Paper:  Very Vanilla, Watercolor paper, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Blushing Bride;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Pinked Circles Nestabilities, Corner Rounder, Dotted Wavy Border Punch, Dotted Embossing Folder, RHR Taffeta Ribbon, Bow Easy, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Reinkers, Piercer.  

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Adorable! Love the clouds in the BG. Great use of the CC too. Can only imagine how tired out you are after three very busy weeks. Make sure you take some time to rest - said in my best mommy voice LOL!

Crystal said...

Christine this is FAB!!! What a great card!!

Kathy Jones said...

Christine this is fabulous!!! Love the colours, colouring and that sentiment panel!!! You rocked this one!!!

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

dear Christine.

What a cute, cute card. So well done! You sure have a talent. I love your blog. Thanks for sharing your love of creating and your love for God. Yes, He is the best Creator!

God bless and take good care, Pauline

http://thepursuitofstampiness.blogspot.com/

Sharon Basel said...

This is great Christine! I love how you used both of the stamps. The clouds in the background panel is a unique take. And I love how you've positioned the colors of the challenge.

Velta said...

Oh My Gosh!!! This is super fantastic...the colors could not be better...you have the image captured to it's best advangage!!Thank you for your inspiration ;)

Leslie Miller said...

What better way to fly over the speed bumps than with this adorable little airplane! Very cute card, Christine! Love the wavy border.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fun card! Love that airplane in the pinking circle! Thanks for playing Mojo!