Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Our New Nest

Well, you wouldn't believe what's happening around my nest today, crazy blowing snow!  It rained all night and switched this morning to snow...now we need the moisture desperately....but sheesh!  We had to pull out the winter stuff again for the kids!  I'm hoping it will turn again to rain later today. 

Well, I thought I'd entice you a little bit because I have BLOG CANDY HERE...and show you a card I made recently with the fantastic Friendly Reminders set that is in the 1st blog candy prize. 


I completely love this set, and I love the colors I was able to use on this card.  The papers are Basic Grey Marrakech, and I used Copics to color the birdhouse.  You'll have to forgive me, I colored this quite some time ago and I can't remember the combinations I used.  But here's a closeup of the coloring. 



Ok everyone....I'm off to do a big run of grocery shopping today.  Hope you have a wonderful day! 

Recipe:  Stamps - Flourishes Friendly Reminders;  Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black;  Papaer:  Old Olive, Pacific Point, Basic Grey Marrakech Designer Paper, Flourishes Classic White;  Accessories:  Big Shot, Floral Accent Shapeabilities, Corduroy Button, Linen Thread, Velvet Ribbon, Scalloped Edge Punch (SU), Modern Label Punch, Dimensionals, Copic Markers. 

24 comments:

Francie G. said...

Love this image, Christine! So beautifully colored! Have fun at the grocery! Grocery shopping is one of my least favorite things to do!

Marisa said...

Love the colour combo and the image is darling. Great card :D

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is absolutely stunning-your coloring is just gorgeous!!!

Renée said...

Yes, the weather has been a little crazy lately, eh? Soooooooooo cold today!

LOVE your card, Christine! Fab colours and layout!

Crystal said...

Yikes SNOW....NO sending warmth your way sweetie!!!!! Your card is amazing LOVE these colors and all the layers are fabulous!!! Gorgeous papers and image!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is a beautiful card
lovely image
you can just these for a lot of things

karin

Sabrina Jackson said...

Goodness, snw...WOW, it is in the 80's here...let me send you some sun ;D. Christine, your card is absolutely breathtaking!!! When I grow up I want to color like you :D....so stunning. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Danni said...

Love this card!!So pretty!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just charming Christine!! I love that image and your coloring!! And your framing with the diecut is superb!! Gorgeous!

Holly aka Toy said...

Good grief, girl! I just got your message about the snow. Isn't it spring, yet?! :)

Your coloring on this adorable birdhouse is just so awesome. What a beauty!

Hugs!

Grace said...

Beautiful Christine!!! Your image is colored to perfection!!!

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty Christine. I have to say that this is one of my favs too.. I love the colors you chose.. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT SNOW..it was 80 here today. I will send some your way..

Traci M said...

Christine, we just had snow last week...hope yours turns to rain! I love this set, and you've made a beautiful card with it!! I really like the way you wrapped the image, just lovely!

Denise Marzec said...

Wit Whew, that's some AMAZING coloring and I love the papers you picked to go with the image. Stunning!

I heard you guys were getting snow up there...that's crazy, it's May for crying out loud! I hope it melts away QUICKLY!

Karen McAlpine said...

Beautiful card. That mail box is extra cute. And, it's in the blog candy!!?? Ohh.

Shari said...

So beautiful! You always do such a wonderful job of coloring! You've inspired me to go and buy this set. I love it too!

LeAnne said...

Oh dear, snow!??? Yuck! Well, your card is a breath of spring, so hopefully the weather will take the hint and straighten out! Your coloring is gorgeous here...just such a sweet image!

Leslie Miller said...

What a gorgeous card, Christine. The coloring is fabulous. Everything comes together perfectly on this. The papers are so rich and a perfect complement. Wow!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love your birdie image and your choice of dp!! Your coloring and colors are stunning!! Gorgeous Christine!
hugs,
Chris

Kathy Jones said...

Such a gorgeous card Christine!!! Love your colouring and the button and ric rak are fabulous!!!

As for the snow....UGH!!! I live in the tropics and the thought of snow gives me the horrors!! It's late Autumn here and today I'm in a T-shirt and shorts!!! :) Come live in Australia!! :) Hope your weather settles down soon!!

Beate said...

Christine, your coloring is gorgeous and the card is beautiful.

I can't believe you have SNOW again. That's just so wrong! I hope it melted by now.

Earline said...

Lovely stamp I cannot wait til spring hit upper New York city myself this snow has got to go.

Wanda Cullen said...

This is such a great image to start with, but your coloring is fabulous, Christine!!

Diane said...

Beautiful as always.....I need more Copics, only have 6....someday maybe!! Off to the grocery myself...doing a Mother's Day brunch tomorrow for 18...what was I thinking...LOL