Thursday, May 13, 2010

Let Your Light Shine



The beauty of a stained glass window absolutely shines in this set today.  Becky Fleck created a BEAUTY with this set Beauty Within don't you think?  And the fact that this fabulous set fits perfectly in Spellbinders Nestability Labels Eleven and Thirteen is just the icing on the cake. 

I have two pretties to show you today.  One COOL and one WARM


I'm just SO taken with the stained glass feel in this set, it's just made for coloring but would also be equally powerful embossed.  I had so much fun coloring the different stained glass sections with Copics (Spruce Collection and Hydrangea Collection and Meadow Collection).  I love how the Spruce matches so well with Not Quite Navy cardstock.  I layered with the Labels Eleven Nestability, and then added the Labels 10 in Amethyst behind.  I added some fancy piercing with an Ornare template and added silk ribbon ruffled behind the main image. 
Here's a detail on the piercing.


and here's a detail on the ruffled ribbon. 


Now for the WARM design


I aligned the card horizontally on this one and gave it hot pinks and yellows.  Also colored with Copics (Peony and Sunflower Collections).  I added the beautiful trim from the Victorian Borderabilities (cutting it down to frame the sentiment), and the Labels Six Nesties behind the image. 


Ribbon is Boutique Cuts (Hot Pink Linen and Sheer Polka Dot in Maize).  Papers are SU Razzleberry Lemonade and Pink Flamingo. 

You'll see much more beauty with the rest of the Design Team: 


Cindy Lawrence    Danielle Kennedy    Dawn Burnworth    Julie Koerber     Laura Fredrickson    Leslie Miller     Stacy Morgan  and   Sharon Doolittle  and some of the Spellbinders Blog Team have joined us today as well:  Beth Pingry, Margie Higuchi, Holly SimoniHeidi Blankenship and Terre Frey



To enter to win this fabulous set today see the Flourishes Blog.   And you can place your order for these great sets today!  The new release bundle is available at a discount for the next SEVEN days ONLY!  Don't miss out!

37 comments:

Marisa said...

Beautifully layered nesties and lovely cards, Christine :D

Margie Higuchi said...

Love how you position the second card. They are both so beautiful...it's a great set!

Karen W said...

Wow this is just gorgeous, I love this new set and mine is on it's way!!!

stampqueen said...

Aakkkkk - Absolutly stunning. I love the purple one most - course those are my colors!!! There goes my budget....

Cindy Lawrence said...

Beautifully done, Christine! Love the piercing and fabulous ruffled bow on the first, and the way you cut up the Borderabilities die-cut and used it on the ends of the sentiment is GENIUS! I am filing that away in my "must try this" mental file! ;)

Jerri Jimenez said...

Love the cards you've done with the last two sets Christine, so very pretty! Gorgeous sets of stamps!

Pammejo said...

gorgeous, love all the little details and layering

Julie Koerber said...

Christine, love both of these beauties --your coloring (as usual) is filled with such depth of color -- just too striking!

Karen said...

Both your creations are wonderful. I'm lovin' this new set!

Stacy Morgan said...

These are both so different and yet both so beautiful! I like the rich dark colors of the first one and your piercing. The vibrant and cheery colors of your second one are awesome.

Becky said...

Both of these are gorgeous.

Broni said...

Wow, Christine! These are so gorgeous! I particularly love how you pierced the DP on the first one and your coloring is perfect, of course!!

Shari said...

Wow! Stunning as always. Love your use of all those layers!

Allison Cope said...

2 stunners Christine! Love the piercing!

Yogi said...

both cards are beautiful. That's a lot of paper piercing. Nice detail. Love the sentiment banner in the 2nd card.

Louise Fox said...

You are one very gifted woman! All of you designs on the new release are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing it all with us! Louise

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh...they both look so stunning, Christine!! I really love your roses in that purple shade! Wow!!!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Both of your cards are Beautiful!! I love the paper piercing on the first one and I love how you turned the image on the second one. Your coloring is Gorgeous!!

Sharon Basel said...

Beautiful cards - especially the "cool" one. I love the fancy piercing - did you have a template for that? It really enhances the card.

Terre said...

Beautiful cards, very eye catching colors, love your attention to details.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh my Christine, what can I say but these are both amazing! I love the rich tones of the first and the bright colours on the second. Beautiful girl!

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow these are also beautiful
I love how you did that ribbon on the card above

karin

Neva Cole said...

So many incredible details! The recipient of a card such as this will consider a pearl!

AHadley said...

so beatufiful, love the bright colors!

Sassette said...

Absolutely stunning! What more can I say?!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, great job on both cards. Your shading is great. TFS.

Ida said...

Wow! These are both just gorgeous. I'm leaning towards the (Cool) card a little more and I love how you pierced the patterned paper on it.

dpkennedy said...

I love the colors you used on the first card-so rich! Your piercing is amazing! The second one is jsut as gorgeous too-love those die cuts!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous, Christine!

SherylH said...

Both cards are so pretty -- I do like the ornare on the blue roses -- it really adds the final touch.

Linda Carson said...

WOW! Wonderful artwork!

Leslie Miller said...

Two beauties with their light shining in splendid glory, Christine! Oh, what you've done with these images -- so beautiful!

Sandy said...

Oh my - how gorgeous! Both cards are stunning! Love the piercing and ruffled ribbon, and love the position of the 2nd card!

Anonymous said...

I just love seeing all the wonderful ideas. And I love the roses! You did a beautiful job!

Steph Ackerman said...

Absolutely stunning.

America said...

wow-GF... these are both beautiful and incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawn B. said...

I already whispered to you how much I LOVE these cards Christine.. Really gorgeous work.. :) You really inspire me on this team..