Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Flowers to You

Just popping in to show you an almost SU only card....I did this for today's Color Challenge at SCS.  Ruby Red, Soft Suede, Bashful Blue.



I pulled out my Fifth Avenue Floral set and watercolored the flowers with reinkers in Ruby Red.  2 are popped up and I masked and added a light touch of Bashful Blue to sponge the background, then a heavy sponging of Soft Suede. 



The Sentiment is from Best Yet and I sponged the Ruby Red layer with Soft Suede to give it a bit of depth.  The background layer is textured and overstamped with the flower in Soft Suede, with some pretty piercing and ribbon to accent the layers.  I added the brads in the top corner to "weight" the card better and help your eye travel down to the different parts of the card.

Sweet and simple...off to do some errands :)

Recipe:  Stamps:  SU  - Fifth Avenue Floral, Best Yet;  Ink:  Brown Stazon, Soft Suede, Bashful Blue;  Paper:  Ruby Red, Soft Suede Textured, Bashful Blue, Bashful Blue Prints, Soft Suede Patterns,Watercolor paper;  Accessories: Big Shot, Deckled Rectangles Nestabilities, Circle Punches, Piercer, Striped Bashful blue Ribbon, Dimensionals, Vintage Brads, Piercer, Reinkers, Aqua Painter.

14 comments:

Marisa said...

This is gorgeous, Christine!! Love the flowers and your piercing along with the touches of blue. Great CC card and lovely layout too :D

Crystal said...

Totally GORGEOUS card Christine...I LOVE those pretty flowers and your piercing!! The colors and layout is fabulous!

Broni said...

How beautiful! You made those colors look like they truly belong together!! Your flowers are gorgeous!

Grace said...

Oh my goodness Christine! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I love these flowers!!! Love the way you colored themand the bg is beautiful!!! Oh I'm ready for spring time! Wow! Great job!!!

Willy's creations said...

So beautiful.

Hugs,Willy

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful, Christine!! Love your coloring and how you worked the colors. I like the look of the color combo with just a touch of bashful blue. Perfection!

Jerri Kay said...

So beautiful Christine! I love this set from SU! I'm so ready for Spring!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous, Christine! You've coloured those flowers beautifully!

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty Christine. I love the way you colored the flowers. The deckled edge nesties are becoming my favorite.. Such a pretty card.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Christine!! I love your coloring of those flowers and your color combo!! Your piercing is stunning!! Magnificent work of art!
hugs,
Chris

Kathy Jones said...

GORGEOUS!!! What an incredible job with those colours and your colouring of the flowers is amazing!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love the striped bg Christine!! And those flowers....FABULOUS!!

Leslie Miller said...

I love this earthy yet colorful combo, and the flowers are so gorgeous! You combined just the right amount of everything!

Cindy Beach said...

Somehow I missed seeing this at SCS but glad that I found it here. Your card is stunningly beautiful. Love the layout and soft sponging of the colors. Gorgeous watercoloring as always. Delightful!