Friday, May 15, 2009

New Release - Manly View

Have you been looking for the right masculine set? You know one that isn't too cutesy, is masculine but still classy looking?

Well, today we want to show you a great new set from Flourishes illustrated by Lauren Pope. It's called A Man's View. Here are my two for you today.

Persian Rug for Papa


I loved this Marrakech paper the moment I saw it (it should be back in the Flourishes store soon!). Such great rich colors and patterns, I thought they would go perfectly with this gorgeous arm chair, just ready for some relaxing time for Papa on Father's Day (my kids call both their Grandpas - Papa).

I paper pieced the chair, and then added frayed grossgrain ribbon on the edges of certain sections of the card to look a little like a Persian Rug (see the little rug under the chair?). It was actually Pumpkin Pie Ribbon, but I needed it to be a deeper color, so I pulled out my Ruby Red SW marker and colored the ribbon , then trimmed off one of the fused edges and pulled the ribbon to create that frayed look. What I like about it is that some of the color is more orange, some of it more of the red shade.


The Paper

On this card I was inspired by the colors in this cool textured paper from SU. It has a really great Menswear sort of feel to it. I colored the shoes and paper with copic markers, and gave it some sponging to soften and warm it up. LOVE those two-toned shoes! So vintage feeling!

I layered the Octagonal Nestabilities shapes in different directions to give it a cool look. And to repeat the pattern in the paper, I brayered over my twill ribbon with Close to Cocoa ink, so you can see the pattern better. It's a houndstooth sort of weave.

So...you'll want to see more of the Design Teams Creations:

Cindy Lawrence
Faith Hofrichter
Julie Koerber
Latisha Yoast
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan

To win this set today see the Flourishes Newsletter

Remember the release party is TONIGHT, and the sets will be available after the party! And also remember that the Flourishes store is having a Spring Sale this week...10% off anything in the store!

Recipes:

Persian Rug for Papa: Stamps: A Man's View; Ink; Black Stazon; Paper: Night of Navy, Tangerine Tango, Basic Grey Marrakesh DSP, Whisper White; Accessories: Copic Markers, Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon, Ruby Red Marker, Piercer, Dimensionals.

The Paper: Stamps: A Man's View; Ink: Palette Noir, Basic Brown, Chocolate Chip; Close to Cocoa; Paper: Sage Shadow, Close to Cocoa, Confetti Cream, To the Nines Specialty DSP; Accessories: Big Shot, Octagonal Nestabilties, 1/2 inch circle Punch, Pewter Brads, Sponge, Copic Markers, Twill Ribbon, Brayer.

11 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Love how you have the chair positioned off the edge of the circle in the first card. Great DP for the paper piecing too.

LOOOVE the colors and papers on the second card and all the sponging.

slbt17 said...

wow - love your style.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Sandra

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Wow! Christine, these are both amazing! Love the Marrakech papers...I used the same papera and stamp LOL! And I have the papers, so now I might just have to recreate your 2nd masterpiece! Fabulous Man cards!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful!! Fantastic guy cards!!!!!

Julie Koerber said...

Both your cards are winners in my book! That persian rug is just a way creative idea!!!

Etha said...

these are such super cool images!
Love what you did with the shoes and newspaper, the sponging is wonderful!

Leslie Miller said...

Outstanding masculine cards, Christine! I just love those he-man but, oh, so beautiful papers. The rug is an absolutely fabulous and ultra-creative idea!

Latisha said...

Oh my gosh...these are awesome!! Love them both!!

Rose Ann said...

Both of these are just perfect for the guys, Christine!! I love the papers and of course...the wonderful images!! Your piecing and coloring look great!!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Wow! You are right, girl...we really DID have similar ideas with the shoes and newspaper...even the octagon! Great minds! :) LOVE both of these masterpieces, Christine! Fabulous, as always!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Fabulous cards Christine!! Love the throw rug! And the twisted octagons are a clever and ultra cool design!! AWESOME!!