Friday, December 5, 2008

Flourishes Friday - Soft Christmas Breezes


Happy Friday Everyone!

I have a number of things to show you for Flourishes Friday.

My mom asked me to make her some Christmas cards, and also a gift and card for a friend's birthday.

So...without further adieu...


The Cards: Angelic




Have you seen Flourishes Rejoice set? It's got some amazing large images in it. This angel is just one of them. I stamped her with Very Vanilla Craft Ink on Vanilla cardstock, then embossed with White EP. I sponged her with last year Soft Sky and Baja Breeze (have you noticed how well these two colors go together???). And then added Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter on her wings.

The whole inspiration for the card came from these designer papers from last year Spring Silhouettes. I love the Vanilla and Soft Sky together, and the very elegant feel. The papers are sponged to give them depth, some pretty piercing, ribbon and scallops give it a classy soft feel.




Rejoice Card and Candle


My mom had asked for a candle for her friend, so I stamped the angel in Baja Breeze and one of the borders from the set on tissue paper and heat set it on the candle, very soft and subtle.




I love the softness of the card, yet the subtle alterations in color make it really stand out.

I took the large Rejoice Sentiment from the set, embossed it with Vanilla Craft ink and Clear EP on Soft Sky. I watercolored Baja Breeze in the letters, added white gel pen in the berries and along the swirls and added rhinestones for accent....same papers, slightly different feel.

Be sure to check out the other Flourishes Blog Team for their great Friday creations and catch them all on the Flourishes Newsletter!

Recipes

Angelic: Flourishes - Rejoice Ink: Vanilla Craft, Soft Sky, Baja Breeze Paper: Soft Sky, Baja Breeze, Spring Silhouettes DSP, Very Vanilla Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Oval Punches, Piercer, Sponges, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds, White EP, Piercer

Rejoice Candle and Card: Stamps: Flourishes - Rejoice Ink: Vanilla Craft, Baja Breeze Paper: Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Soft Sky, Spring Silhouettes DSP Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, Clear EP, Reinkers, Rhinestones, Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals, Piercer, White Gel Pen

13 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Oh my, Christine!! All of these are gorgeous!! I love those Flourishes images! Fantastic!!

Betty Wright said...

WOW!!!!! What a fabulous set, Christine!!!!! Gorgeous work!!!! I am sure your mom is in awe!!!!!
Blessings,
Betty

Denise Marzec said...

The way you sponged that angel is FANTASTIC! Looks like I'm going to be whipping out the soft sky and baja breeze and trying them out....what an AWESOME combo! Mannn, your mom is gonna LOVE these!

Anonymous said...

Christine, this is soft, serene and stunning! Wow I love those colors - this is amazing!
--Becca

Latisha said...

I don't have that set, but holy moly is it ever gorgeous!! beautifully done

LeAnne said...

Wow, these are stunning! I don't know how you & your mom part with them, they are just so pretty, I would want to put them on the tree or something! Praise the Lord for your talent & eye for color!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

Just Beautiful! I love your coloring TFS Hugs, JoAnnB

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow Christine, so soft pretty and elegant.

Cindy Lawrence said...

Woweeeeeee Zoweeeee!!!!!! These are GORGEOUS, girl! You do the most elegant work...just incredible!

Anonymous said...

I've never seen this set illustrated so beautifully Christine. Amazingly beautiful, I love the angle card, the candle and the beautiful Rejoice card, Awesome my friend, totally awesome!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Gorgeous, Christine! LOVE the color and the background damask!

Silke Ledlow said...

I agree - WOW - this is amazing!!! Fabulous cards and candle - Christine!!! Mom is gonna love it!!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Christine...what beautiful cards!!! Love the Flourishes images and what elegance!!!!! The colors and sparkle are soooo AWESOME....love every little detail!!!