Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Toonie Tuesday - Snowy Christmas

Hi again!

Two snowy samples for you today!


Sample One: Skating Sweethearts



Today's Color Challenge at SCS is a gorgeous one, Real Red, Basic Black and Kraft. I think there will be some stunning combinations! To me this really lends itself well to a vintage look, so I pulled out Winter Post. I stamped the skaters on Kraft and used my Prismacolor pencils to color them. Prismacolor pencils have a far waxy-er (how WOULD you spell that? waxier???) base so they blend really well on their own or also by adding a blending medium like Gamsol. I didn't use any medium because I wanted it to have a more old world texture. But I LOVE how white shows up on Kraft...white ink, white pencil. It's gorgeous! (the Prismacolor pencils are the only non-SU thing on here).

I've added fun embellishments, with the deer, the vintage Hodgepodge hardware, the gingham ribbon and felt snow flurry. Love love love this card. (are you that way...your most recent creation is your favourite!?)....



Sample Two: Shimmery Snowdrops




Flourishes has some pretty silhouette sets, and this one is called Spring Ephermerals. what is fun about silhouette type stamps is that you can not only use them in the silhouette fashion, but also as a surface to color in a more detailed way. Here I colored my *snowdrop* stamp with my SW markers direct to stamp, but used several colors, then stamped on Shimmer White paper. Then I went back over the image and gave it definition with my SW Markers and a white gel pen. It gives you an entirely different look.

I wanted to give this card the feeling of little flowers being surprised by the first snow...or peeking through the shimmery snow. So I added Crystal effects and Dazzling diamonds to the flowers (and drops of wet snow hanging), and also layered dimensional *snow*, with layers of paper and CE and Dazzling Diamonds.

The sentiment is done with my Just Rite stamps and the Brayton font. I love these stamps because you can customize them to say whatever you like! Some pretty rhinestones and taffeta ribbon for details. See...almost any stamp can be Christmasy!





Recipe: Sample One: Skating Sweethearts: Stamps: Winter Post, All Holidays Ink: Basic Black, White Kraft, Real Red, Sahara Sand Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Real Red and Kraft Patterns DSP Accessories: Hodgepodge Hardware, Coluzzle Cutter, Dimensionals, Prismacolor Pencils, Gingham Ribbon, Felt Flurries, Piercer








Sample Two: Shimmering Snowdrops Stamps: Flourishes - Spring Ephemerals, Just Rite - Brayton Font Ink: Garden Green Paper: Garden Green, Certainly Celery, Shimmery White, Basic Grey - Mistletoe and Pear DSP Accessories: Rhinestone accents, White Taffeta Ribbon, Piercer, SW Markers, Just Rite Wooden Stamper, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds, Oval Punch

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow, Christine!! I am so in love with your skaters card, it's gorgeous! Oh, and your Flourishes card is absolutely dreamy!!
--Becca

Anonymous said...

Christine, both of these cards are beautiful! I love the design for the skaters, such beautiful papers and presentation. I also love the floral image, you've colored it to perfection!

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are just fabulous works of art! Love them both, Christine!

Anonymous said...

*Picking jaw up off from floor!!*

These are both FABULOUS!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Pretty cards! Love the great images. The colors on the first one is just awesome. TFS!

Rhonda Kelly said...

Fabulous cards! I especially love the one with the skaters! Looks so much like Christmas!! Very nice, thanks for sharing.