Monday, November 24, 2008

Toonie Tuesday - All About Men!


It's my sweetie's birthday today. How I love that man. He is that rare blend of deep faith in God, strength, integrity and determination, mixed with tenderness, a protective heart and rich laughter, and then on top sprinkle some major snoring and a *different level of clean* from me (that's what he always says...but you can interpret that... :) ) It's a wonderful package!

God has blessed me so richly with him to share my life with.

So this is his birthday card. For the first time ever, I inked my Thomas Kinkade stamp. They are just incredibly gorgeous stamps...and so detailed...but I'll be honest they are a bear to color! There is so much tiny detail and shading (he is called the Master of Light)....that you really need to LOVE someone to do a card like this for them. (I say that because I know he's reading this). It took me a good 2 hours to color. See how much I love you honey???


I stamped with Pallette Noir Ink on Whisper White and colored with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol and a blender. It takes time, patience and layering of color. I don't think I'm a real master at Prismacolors yet....I like them, but like everything else you need to practise at it.

I wanted to create more of a fall scene with autumn rather than spring colors. So you can see the more fall colors.

I've stamped the Not Quite Navy layer with Linen, and lots of sponging, then added the rust to bring out the color and contrast in the design. I've added felt ribbon and brads for accent and made the sentiment as a small banner.




Sample Two:

The color challenge colors today remind me so much of a man's suit. Grey flannel suit, Rust accents...a Vanilla colored crisp shirt, so I went with it creating a really mens' wear inspired Christmas card.



I've used Winter Post and embossed my deer on Really Rust with Clear EP as my focal piece, I've given it a "mens' wear tie" and tie tack with the ribbon and layered it on the base of snowflakes with lots of sponging for added warmth.

Lots of metal accents, tailored corners...I really love the feel of it!



Recipe: Sample One: Stamps: Thomas Kinkade - Streams of Living Water, SU All Holidays (sentiment) Ink: Palette Noir, Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip Paper: Not Quite Navy, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Blender, Antique Brads, Dimensionals, Felt Ribbon, SW Marker, Sponge


Sample Two: Mens' Wear Christmas - Stamps: SU Winter Post Ink: VersaMark, Basic Gray, Vanilla Craft, Really Rust Paper: Really Rust, Very Vanilla, Prestwick DSP, Basic Gray Accessories: Stylized Silver HPH, Old Vintage Brads, Circle Punch, Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals, Clear EP, Ticket Corner Punch, Sponge.

8 comments:

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Happy bday to your hubby Christine! Your coloring is unbelievable on his card!! WOW!!! Thanks for your super sweet comment on my blog! You made my day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your DH! Both cards are amazing. The Kinkade image is beautifully colored with so many wonderful little details like those deer. Love it!

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my goodness!!! Christine, your TK card is unbelievable! Insanely awesome coloring - so rich and realistic. What a work of art!!

LeAnne said...

Now, THAT is a nice TK card---wow, so much detail, it is beautiful! And I didn't even attempt the color challenge, too challenging for me, but you made a beauty there too!
LeAnne

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh....your Kinkade card is STUNNING, girl!! Happy birthday to your DH!!

Your color challenge card is wonderful as well!! Great cards, Christine!!

Anonymous said...

I know your hubby was tickled as punch to receive this card Christine, it's gorgeous. I have several of the TK stamps and none have seen ink! Maybe during the holidays I'll get them out and play!

Susan said...

oh my, Christine, your card is exquisite! I love the darker water color and the color detail...amazing, even though it was two hours, I bet you had such fun coloring and thinking of your dear husband.

I know you've inspired me to ink up my Kincaid I bought especially for my fishing DH...his birthday is coming soon.

I am so happy these eye got to feast on your work of art!

Lydia Fiedler said...

I swear my jaw hit the desk when I saw that gorgeous card with the little deer.

WOW.

TFS!!!

Lydia
www.understandblue.blogspot.com