Friday, October 24, 2008

Be-Leaf It's Your Birthday!


Today's Limited Supply Challenge was to use leaves in some fashion as our focal point, and to use pink...well, one of our daughter's good friend's birthday party is tomorrow and I thought this would be a fun way to incorporate leaves...pink and the season of her birthday together.


AND I just received my very first JustRite products! I was SO excited, so once I thought about the sentiment I wanted for the card, I knew these would be great for creating it. Really the possibilities are endless with these stamps. Especially for someone like me who often hand writes sentiments because I don't have what I'm looking for.


So here I've used the new Harmony Rectangle Stamper and the Curlz font to create the words. So fun! I've given it a good round of sponging on the edges too to warm up the color. I mixed last years In Colors with this years In Colors and it looks pretty good!


On the main card I stamped various leaves from Autumn Fest set using masking and the Rock and Roll technique. It really creates more of a background here. I actually dug out my sewing machine and sewed the pieces together.


I added a few gems from K & C Company and some Satin ribbon because it is for an almost teen girl...you do need a little bling and richness :)


Recipe: Stamps: Autumn Fest, Canvas Background (SU), Curlz Font (JustRite stampers) Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Tangerine Tango, Groovy Guava Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White Accessories: Harmony Rectangle Stamper (JustRite), Sewing Machine, Sponge, Piercer, Gems, Dimensionals, Pomegrante Satin Ribbon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is gorgeous Christine, such a cute sentiment, you're so creative! Love the Curlz font, perfect for this design!

Unknown said...

love the play on words ..very pretty. Ty for sharing